Can Sweden challenge Canada, USA and Finland in 4 nations cup next year?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Forsberg - Pettersson - Nyquist
Bratt - Zibanejad - Nylander
Kempe - Eriksson Ek - Raymond
Eklund - Karlsson - Arvidsson

Hedman - Ekholm
Dahlin - Andersson
Forsling - Karlsson

Ullmark
Markström
Gustavsson

and yes, belongs in this section since all players are NHLers.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Yes of course.

I think it's obvious Canada will be a strong #1 favorite - it always is. But any of these teams can win.

Reactions: wetcoast

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Hedman - Ekholm
Dahlin - Andersson
Forsling - Karlsson

Ullmark
Markström
Gustavsson

Sweden is out of their minds if Brodin doesn't make the team. He is playing better than ever.

Reactions: centipede2233

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Sweden is always a legit challenger in international competitions. They are third, behind the USA and Canada, for must Olympic medals.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Hedman - Ekholm
Dahlin - Andersson
Forsling - Karlsson

Ullmark
Markström
Gustavsson

Have you tried therapy for your insecurity regarding Sweden?

Can you really not sleep at night if you don't have people reassuring you that Sweden can in fact compete before every competition?

How sad.

GoldenKnight

Jun 2, 2017
Las Vegas

Hedman - Ekholm
Dahlin - Andersson
Forsling - Karlsson

Ullmark
Markström
Gustavsson

I like this team, strong all-round, though i wonder if Karlsson continues to decline next year, whether Sweden might be better served swapping him out for one of their younger RHDs.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Canada is slowly Trending down until we can get a Superstar Goalie. And a legit replacement for a Defensive defenseman for a Weber / Doughty kind of player.

But I say Sweden is not there quite yet.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I think that Canada (obviously) and USA are clear #1 and #2 right now

Sweden has a shot to win it all with solid goaltending, but I think they are underdogs

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I like this team, strong all-round, though i wonder if Karlsson continues to decline next year, whether Sweden might be better served swapping him out for one of their younger RHDs.
Nah I think he’s good. It’s just adapting to new circumstances. It’s less of an age thing, sure I don’t think we’ll see another 2017 playoff run again but he’s still an all time great, and he got better as the season progressed.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Have you tried therapy for your insecurity regarding Sweden?

Can you really not sleep at night if you don't have people reassuring you that Sweden can in fact compete before every competition?

How sad.
Not about that. I start threads about other nations aswell. Whats interesting is that many who replied to this on Facebook and Reddit say that Germany and Czechs have stronger best on best roster than Sweden.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Not about that. I start threads about other nations aswell. Whats interesting is that many who replied to this on Facebook and Reddit say that Germany and Czechs have stronger best on best roster than Sweden.
Oh stop it! you're completely exaggerating again. What is the intention? That you want to hear that a lot of people post here that Sweden is much better etc. A very old trick to get compliments.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
Oh stop it! you're completely exaggerating again. What is the intention? That you want to hear that a lot of people post here that Sweden is much better etc. A very old trick to get compliments.
i think he is just trolling and enjoying the outrage he causes with that.. just stop reacting to that.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
i think he is just trolling and enjoying the outrage he causes with that.. just stop reacting to that.
I know it! But he's been exaggerating a lot lately. So that he wants to get compliments with the help of his negative comments. ;)

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I know it! But he's been exaggerating a lot lately. So that he wants to get compliments with the help of his negative comments. ;)
And you define lately as.. the past five years?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
And you define lately as.. the past five years?
Sweden regressed alot and it started 2019. How can u 3 not see it? Im not "trolling".

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
I guess they would have a chance aigainst poland, too bad they are not here :sarcasm:

Appart from trolling, this team absolutely have the potential to beat anyone, I think it's obvious given the quality of the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad