Proposal: CAN RANGERS AND ISLES DEAL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Tell me you haven't seen Chara play this season, without telling me you haven't seen him play this season.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
d19.gif

Reactions: Tob

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Nemeth and a 7th for Chara. And the 7th is strictly you when you realize he’s got multiple years left on his deal.
I’m sure Toronto would give you Nick Ritchie for Nemeth but those 2 additional years for that AHL defenseman is rough.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
As an Isles fan, I would take pretty much anything that was offered by any team for Chara, other than an albatross contract back. Isles will do well to get anything higher than a 5th for him, and would do well to get even that.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I think the only deal between these two clubs was a trade on draft day in the 70's to prevent one club from selecting another clubs fav prospect.

Also...Chara wouldn't accept a Trade to the Rangers. He's just...Not a fan.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I think the only deal between these two clubs was a trade on draft day in the 70's to prevent one club from selecting another clubs fav prospect. Also...Chara wouldn't accept a Trade to the Rangers. He's just...Not a fan.

found this at CapFriendly, their records only go back to 2004
trying to recall others

May 25, 2010New York Islanders Acquire:
new_york_islanders.svg

2010 6th round pick (NYR - #160 - Tanner Lane)
New York Rangers Acquire:
new_york_rangers.svg

Jyri Niemi
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

also found this, article re above, cites only prior trade
Rangers, Islanders make rare trade
"...first trade in more than 37 years yesterday as the Blueshirts acquired defenseman prospect Jyri Niemi in exchange for a sixth-round pick..."
"The two teams last completed a trade on Nov. 14, 1972 — during the Islanders’ inaugural season — when the Rangers sent right wing Ron Stewart to the Islanders in exchange for cash"

Reactions: Lion Hound

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think the only deal between these two clubs was a trade on draft day in the 70's to prevent one club from selecting another clubs fav prospect.

Also...Chara wouldn't accept a Trade to the Rangers. He's just...Not a fan.
Then he can retire? Not NYI problem if he won't report. He's not exactly a NYI legend that they should be going out of their way for him. But NYR are currently in a playoff spot and Chara is 70 years old, so I'm sure he'll show up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad