Proposal: CAN RANGERS AND ISLES DEAL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
Would the Isles be willing to deal Chara to the Rangers? Chara is 44 yoa on an expiring contract. He still plays a tough game. The Rangers could use his experience on the blue line and his toughness/physicality. His current contract is less than a mil. If they can get together would a 4th rounder be enough, or would he cost a second?
How about a 3rd next yr and a B prospect.

common12

Sep 10, 2011
Chara is terrible and should of retired already. Rangers laugh and hang up the phone unless they can dump Nemeth on them.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I really don’t think Chara is cooked, his first ten games were bad but since then he’s acclimated and I think he has value. Really pissed we aren’t good this year too because he’ll have even more freedom in the playoffs

Reactions: dumpin

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Pointed-Two-Small-Shadow-Hat-Pylon-Toys-Pylons-214684.jpg

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
First off I apologize for the all caps , lol. I beg for everyones forgiveness. I didnt review before posting,

On topic. He may be a traffic cone but thats ok if that traffic cone will clear the front of the net and put some people on their ass. Unlike someone who I wont name that wanders the ice and hasnt made a legit hit this year. I know its an "antiquated" stat but he still has a positive +/-. Even at 44 you cant compare Nemeth to Chara.

Reactions: Stubu

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Big time pass. Chara is cooked.
Yeah would have taken a chance a few years back for his experience and decent playing ability but he can't keep up anymore.
Rather have Nemeth (althought he is under contract for two more years which isn't the greatest I guess)

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Yeah would have taken a chance a few years back for his experience and decent playing ability but he can't keep up anymore.
Rather have Nemeth
I actually thought it was a superb pickup for the isles but he’s lost more than a step - at least the times I’ve watched him

Reactions: bl02

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
I actually thought it was a superb pickup for the isles but he’s lost more than a step - at least the times I’ve watched him
Islanders also are forcing Chara into a top-4 role. He was a bottom-pairing defenseman in Washington and wasn’t a major liability.

Reactions: dumpin

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Would the Isles be willing to deal Chara to the Rangers? Chara is 44 yoa on an expiring contract. He still plays a tough game. The Rangers could use his experience on the blue line and his toughness/physicality. His current contract is less than a mil. If they can get together would a 4th rounder be enough, or would he cost a second?
Why would the Rangers want that giant fossil? He cannot crack our lineup. He would be way down our depth chart on the left side.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

NO for all reasons others noted above, and NO again for dealing youth for not just age but excessive age.

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
I am not saying Chara is the future or even near future but he could be a playoff bridge that could contribute as a third pair D. Basically a playoff rental. His playoff experience, toughness could help settle down an otherwise very young D. Financially he would be almost free. I wouldnt give up a lot for him but after watching him play for the Isles he could bump anyone we have as #6 right now. We all know the playoffs demand a different brand of hockey.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
FWIW, focusing specifically on the "can they deal" part, I suspect Lou would trade vets to the best situation for them even if it were a big rival.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Nemeth and a 7th for Chara. And the 7th is strictly you when you realize he’s got multiple years left on his deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad