Can Montreal Really Take The Next Step With St. Louis As The Coach ?

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
28 High Danger Chances Against (5v5) in 2 games......Not to mention the fact that when you look at the metrics that i consider important they were bottom 10 in those categories lsat year....

I know the season is young and the team is young but he has been there for a few years now ......

Last edited:

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Hard to tell, he was a nepo hire so thee isn't really a previous coaching stint to base anything off of.
I think i would give him and Lalonde (Detroit coach) the rest of this year to show they can drastically improve the metrics and if they can't do it i would move on........

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
I still think he's the right coach to develop our young players, but it certainly feels like he will get the same treatment as Denis Savard when the team will be talented enough to take the next step. The Habs had a weird preseason though, I don't think the numbers from the first two games mean that much

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
He wasn't brought in as a Head Coach. He was brought in as a player developer with a Head Coaching title and pay because otherwise he wouldn't have accepted the job given his life circumstances.

And that's ok.

We've been in, and still are, in a rebuild. He has brought along a number of players, and we've seen positive steps from pretty much all the young guys.

When the time is right, a more well rounded coach, who knows systems, will be brought in to bring the team the next step.

At least that's the plan in my opinion, and we all know the saying about plans....

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
A defensive corps that's a bunch of early 20s and Mike Matheson with only Savard as a defensive minded veteran is a team that allows lots of grade A chances? Oh my, I'm shocked.

He's good with the kids, that's literally all that matters. If we still suck around 2027 when a window could open we can fire him.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Little unfair to judge MSL when he's had essentially one line and one defensive pair worth talking about practically his whole tenure. This year looks better, especially once Laine comes back, but it really depends on Hutson and Slaf

Reactions: Prairie Habs

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
Yes. Give him a real team and then judge him. Theyre young and headed in the right direction. Too early to judge him IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad