Pre-Game Talk: Camp Thread

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Hank is still the third string goalie guys. Thru 3 days from what I’ve been able to see and read he’s played like it or I should say the other two are just better. Nothing has changed. He’s not going to sniff a game unless something happens god forbid to Shesterkin

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Fox set up Gauthier with a no look one time from the wall Into the slot that Shesterkin made a brilliant save on. He’s so so good I honestly cannot believe we have fox Trouba and DeAngelo. It’s pretty absurd. Right D is Probably hardest position to find quality outside of a top line center. We’ve got 3 of them and lundkvist who looks very good coming

Reactions: bl02 and Leetch3

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I worry about Kravtsov's response. My fear is that he's still clearly not ready, and then he gets upset when we don't play him in any games.
He's definitely not ready and don't see Quinn trusting him to insert him in the lineup for these playoffs.
Big question is if there is no 2020-2021 AHL season and he isn't good enough to get decent minutes in the 2020-2021 nhl season what do we do to keep him developing ? I'm guessing Quinn's is gonna be pushed to put him into the lineup somewhere for next season. I just don't wanna see him getting crappy 4th line minutes and coming in and out of the lineup.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The question will be how do you find enougj ice for all 3 of these stud Dmen and imo you have to find a way to move DeAngelo to the left. Regardless of what Lundqvist does you gotta find top 4 mins for all three of Trouba/Fox/DeAngelo. You want them out there as much as possible. I personally think from what he’s done dominating from the left in in juniors and the small sample size next to Fox at times, his ability to open his hips I Just don’t see why Tony can’t move to the left side at even strength. I want all 3 of these guys playing 23 plus mins a night

Reactions: Harbour Dog

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
sorry if duplication, i realize that these may be posted above, i haven't read every post/page
Uniform ##s of Black Aces
News: - Return to Play Training Camp Rosters
29 Steven Fogarty, RW
25 Tim Gettinger, LW
74 Vitali Kravtsov, RW
96 Vinni Lettieri, RW
65 Danny O'Regan, RW

46 Brandon Crawley, LHD
79 K'Andre Miller, LHD
52 Darren Raddysh, RHD

32 Adam Huska, G

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I worry about Kravtsov's response. My fear is that he's still clearly not ready, and then he gets upset when we don't play him in any games.

Agreed. Will he get pissed again and flee? Or will he use that as motivation to work even harder? Hopefully the latter..

The question will be how do you find enougj ice for all 3 of these stud Dmen and imo you have to find a way to move DeAngelo to the left. Regardless of what Lundqvist does you gotta find top 4 mins for all three of Trouba/Fox/DeAngelo. You want them out there as much as possible. I personally think from what he’s done dominating from the left in in juniors and the small sample size next to Fox at times, his ability to open his hips I Just don’t see why Tony can’t move to the left side at even strength.

I’m confident JD, Gorts and Quinn have had this very discussion and at some point, we’ll see the ADA/Fox experiment at LD.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He's definitely not ready and don't see Quinn trusting him to insert him in the lineup for these playoffs.
Big question is if there is no 2020-2021 AHL season and he isn't good enough to get decent minutes in the 2020-2021 nhl season what do we do to keep him developing ? I'm guessing Quinn's is gonna be pushed to put him into the lineup somewhere for next season. I just don't wanna see him getting crappy 4th line minutes and coming in and out of the lineup.
Yeah, and the other issue is if they wait until next season rolls around to make a decision on what to do with him, the KHL season and other European leagues will basically be half over.

Reactions: bl02 and CasusBelli

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The question will be how do you find enougj ice for all 3 of these stud Dmen and imo you have to find a way to move DeAngelo to the left. Regardless of what Lundqvist does you gotta find top 4 mins for all three of Trouba/Fox/DeAngelo. You want them out there as much as possible. I personally think from what he’s done dominating from the left in in juniors and the small sample size next to Fox at times, his ability to open his hips I Just don’t see why Tony can’t move to the left side at even strength. I want all 3 of these guys playing 23 plus mins a night
Again, there is a reason that people do not shuffle from RD to LD at whim. It just is not that simple. Nor do I want DeAngelo's already deficient defensive ability to take on another difficulty.

Also, as pointed out multiple times, it is not really fair to say that DeAngelo plays 3rd pair minutes. One does not come in 4th in defensive scoring playing the least amount of minutes. His ice time does not dictate that. He just happens to collect his ice time in specific ways. And there is nothing wrong with that

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
VK will go back to Russia, and that will be that — and it won’t really make a difference for us. At least that’s what my gut tells me.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
VK will go back to Russia, and that will be that — and it won’t really make a difference for us. At least that’s what my gut tells me.
he came back to play in Hartford. as long as he does not have an Andersson attitude then hopefully he will work with the team and not cry home when he does not get his way.

Reactions: CasusBelli

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
he came back to play in Hartford. as long as he does not have an Andersson attitude then hopefully he will work with the team and not cry home when he does not get his way.
That’s the thing. His attitude last fall has led me to think he has Lias Syndrome.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Fox set up Gauthier with a no look one time from the wall Into the slot that Shesterkin made a brilliant save on. He’s so so good I honestly cannot believe we have fox Trouba and DeAngelo. It’s pretty absurd. Right D is Probably hardest position to find quality outside of a top line center. We’ve got 3 of them and lundkvist who looks very good coming
Yep and already some are thinking we are gonna lose ADA. Can't we have a real good thing at least for a few years? I wanna see more ADA to Panarin and Fox to Zibby one two punches for years to come.

Reactions: McSauer

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Again, there is a reason that people do not shuffle from RD to LD at whim. It just is not that simple. Nor do I want DeAngelo's already deficient defensive ability to take on another difficulty.

Also, as pointed out multiple times, it is not really fair to say that DeAngelo plays 3rd pair minutes. One does not come in 4th in defensive scoring playing the least amount of minutes. His ice time does not dictate that. He just happens to collect his ice time in specific ways. And there is nothing wrong with that
I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere ADA doesn't mind playing the Left side?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
He did it a ton in Juniors.

Hes done it in spurts in the NHL as well. He will do better in the NHL at LD than he would at RD with Staal attached to him, thats for sure.
Yeah he's got one more year of carrying Staal then it gets interesting. Will be an influx of young dmen hopefully ready to try to make the team in 2021-2022 (Miller, Jones, Robertson, Hajek, Rykov?, Lundkvist). Gonna be interesting to see who stands out.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Even if ADA isn't quite as good on LD as he is RD, he's a better option than anyone else we have there so it'd be beneficial just to be able to move others down the depth chart.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Even if ADA isn't quite as good on LD as he is RD, he's a better option than anyone else we have there so it'd be beneficial just to be able to move others down the depth chart.
It may be much worse than "not quite as good". It could be disastrous. There is no way you can enter a season with that being the plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad