Votes: 10 50.0%
  • HE WAS A TOP FIVE GOALER

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Where’s the middle ground option? The one that states Ward was a good goalie caught on a bad team for much of his career. I think with a better defense in front of him, he could have been a Vezina contender.

Though that might also be unrealistic due to where he played. I know one year he put up better stats than Lundqvist in the same year, but Lundqvist finished higher in Vezina voting.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Where’s the middle ground option? The one that states Ward was a good goalie caught on a bad team for much of his career. I think with a better defense in front of him, he could have been a Vezina contender.

Though that might also be unrealistic due to where he played. I know one year he put up better stats than Lundqvist in the same year, but Lundqvist finished higher in Vezina voting.
PICK A SIDE COWARD

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Great goalie who played unreasonable amount of games for seasons on end, played behind AHL defenses which lead to massive amounts of shots faced and high percentage chances against him, both of which lead to earlier than usual burnout and durability degradation.

On a real team that operated like a professional organization where he plays less games and in front of a better defense he’s probably consistently in that tier below Vezina level for about a decade at least.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
HE WON THE CONN SMYTHE IS WHAT HE DID. HE LED US TO OUR ONLY CUP. HE WAS A BRAVE CANADIAN GOATLENDER, AND ON THIS BOARD CAM WARD IS A HERO! END OF STORY!

5cjn0w.png

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Ward was a solid goalie that deserved better oftentimes given the talent around him. He was definitely overused many times. But I don't think he was a particularly elite goalie on the whole. He was probably closer to average most of the time. Given his accomplishments for this franchise, he probably warrants a retired number right next to Eric (though I admit I'm not a big snob about retired numbers and such). The only thing that ever really soured me on Cam was that he was here too long, and that wasn't entirely his fault. I feel like he definitely battled giving up soft/back breaking goals at times, too. Still, a franchise icon.

Reactions: geehaad and DaveG

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
I'm not qualified to judge Cameron Ward on his goaltending abilities but I can share my opinions on his wine:

I have tasted the collection of Vineyard 36 wines now on a number of occasions, when morbid curiosity overtakes better judgement, and have found the experience in each instance to be an utterly common and tawdry affair, each wine with a nose like tinned prunes (one can only imagine), and a texture on the palate like some horrid and ineffectual remedy that a witch-doctor might force upon a consumptive. In short, these are wines for the brutish and the senile, purchased by a man who was both. It is only to be hoped that death came for him before he managed to degrade himself and his name by serving Vinyard 36 to the guests at his table.

That, at least, would be a mercy.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Agree. I mean just imagine him playing with Slavin and the boys from the past few years on the back end

Ad

Ad

Ad