Confirmed with Link: Cam Janssen re-signed (1 year, 2-way)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Pesonen isn't actually signed yet, though I totally forgot about him. Is he an RFA or a UFA? I assume UFA, but that's just a guess on my part.

EDIT: Just checked, RFA. Glad to know there's yet another guy who'll help keep Pelley, Barch, Sestito, and Janssen off the roster.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pesonen isn't actually signed yet, though I totally forgot about him. Is he an RFA or a UFA? I assume UFA, but that's just a guess on my part.

EDIT: Just checked, RFA. Glad to know there's yet another guy who'll help keep Pelley, Barch, Sestito, and Janssen off the roster.

Yup Tostito, and Pelley should not get spots, neither should Janssen unless Barch is out. I would rather see Pesonen and Whitney. Enough of these guys who can't do anything, but take a shift.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
I don't think the schedule will be released until after they name the divisions.

But yeah...Unleash Cam that game!

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
NJ. Adds some toughness to the lineup. I hope he stays in the NHL.

Are you the Flyers fan that used to post about how much you loved Boulton and Janssen? Only an opposing fan would want him in the NHL lineup.:laugh:

He won't stay in the NHL. There's no room for a player like him in our lineup right now. Unless Barch gets injured somehow. We didn't add any toughness to the lineup cause he likely won't be in it, he'll be in Albany's lineup like he was most of last year. And we've had him for two year, so we didn't ''Add'' him.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
There is no better "team mate" than him in the NHL, in my opinion. I think we resigned him primarily for the AHL, to be an example for our prospects to follow. He'd be a great mentor in that regard for sure. Don't underestimate how important that is.

MountainGoat

sweet, I always like watching CamJam play... as long as it's not every night :)

dougiebrown

Oct 22, 2007
New Jersey
The regular season warrants fighters. The playoffs do not. Get used to him and Barch playing a combined 30-40 games this year. It's going to happen. It's always happened. Don't know why that's so hard for some people to understand.

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
The mindset of this board makes me laugh sometimes. Janssen with a Two-Way contract is exactly what the doctor ordered.

First, he will not take away any roster spot on the Big Devils Club.

Two, Clowe should not be fighting as 1 more big hit to the head & he is most likely gone for the season.

Three, Philly & a few other Eastern teams loaded up on tough guys. With a fragile Clowe, who is going to do our fighting? Carter? Bernier? Do we want them busting up their hands or tearing a rotator cuff? No. Therefore Cam fits the bill.

Now I'm not saying that he should log minutes that go above 6 or 7 a game, but in a games against a team that goons it up, I'm all for letting Cam do what he does best; lay the big hit, get them aggravated & duke it out.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
sounds like a deal for the AHL and loyalty to a loyal lou soldier.

And do we actually know if Pelley got re-signed? Keep reading of it but there hasn't been a confirmation from an actual source yet? Maybe?

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
and what do you POSSIBLY think we'd get for Krys Barch?

please enlighten us.

Someone else's scrub that they're sick of too!

The math is simple; 0 qualities divided by 0 qualities = 0 worth in exchange.

The farm could always use another warm body. To have Barch ride the pine for 65+ games is ludicrous. Let him go sit somewhere else.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
There is no better "team mate" than him in the NHL, in my opinion. I think we resigned him primarily for the AHL, to be an example for our prospects to follow. He'd be a great mentor in that regard for sure. Don't underestimate how important that is.

Absolutely agree.. He's like a coach that still plays and leads by example.. I love having a guy with his tenacity around our young players.. Not sure why people are freaking out like he'll actually be relied on for scoring

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad