Rumor: Cam Fowler potentially available, Gibson, too

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Gibson’s been available for years. No one wants to make that trade for him lol

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
To Ducks:

Justin Holl
Jonathan Berggren
William Wallinder
Plus a a pick or two depending on round

To Wings:

Cam Fowler

Not sure it's enough. Dont even think I want to aquire Fowler but I could see this as fair. Ducks fans?

@Zegs2sendhelp what do you think?

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
To Ducks:

Justin Holl
Jonathan Berggren
William Wallinder
Plus a a pick or two depending on round

To Wings:

Cam Fowler

Not sure it's enough. Dont even think I want to aquire Fowler but I could see this as fair. Ducks fans?

@Zegs2sendhelp what do you think?
If Wallinder were right-handed, he’d be more interesting. We have Mintyukov, Zellweger, LaCombe, Vaakanainen, Solberg, Dionicio, and Hinds on the left side. It’s probably the last position we need. Someone like Mazur would be more interesting IMO.

hmm, surprised you guys wouldn't take a top 10 winger in the game and top 3 selke finalist
Not at the cost of one of our top 2 centers. If you replace McTavish/Carlsson with Zegras, then I would think about it, depending on the contract Marner wants.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
A number of teams could be interested in Fowler at the right price and with retention

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
If it was that simple and straight forward then why would you offer him up in the first place?
You're right, the more I think about it, Marner is too important to move. Sure adding Fowler and a really good young player would be sweet but we would be worse off since Marner is elite is soo many aspects.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
You're right, the more I think about it, Marner is too important to move. Sure adding Fowler and a really good young player would be sweet but we would be worse off since Marner is elite is soo many aspects.
Agreed, for where the Leafs are at currently. Whereas, for a rebuilding Ducks team, keeping the young potential stud player, is the right thing to do.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
My semi annual - 'I think Gibson is still a good goalie and would be successful on a stronger team'.

That isn't a knock on the Ducks but they are rebuilding.

I'd love Gibson on my Oil but not for over 6 million. Not even close.

It'd also be funny to revisit these threads from years ago where the ask was stuff like first rounders and your best player.lol His value has plummetted and Duck's would be selling very low now.

Suchanek is out for the year, so keeping Gibson for the season may be best. Not because I think Suchanek was in the NHL but because I think Ducks are down a goalie on the organizational chart.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
My semi annual - 'I think Gibson is still a good goalie and would be successful on a stronger team'.

It'd also be funny to revisit these threads from years ago where the ask was stuff like first rounders and your best player.lol His value has plummetted and Duck's would be selling very low now.

Suchanek is out for the year, so keeping Gibson for the season may be best. Not because I think Suchanek was in the NHL but because I think Ducks are down a goalie on the organizational chart.
It seems Verbeek is ready/willing to move on from him at this point. However, truth be told, it doesn’t hurt the Ducks to ride out his contract. Even as bad as he’s been, he’s served a purpose for allowing Dostal to ease into taking over his role. They’re not competing and don’t need the cap so it’s not hurting them.

Some still think he’s a good goalie and can be revived on a better team, which I share that belief.

With those two points, combined, I believe that’s why Verbeek has put what most see as an unreasonable ask on his value. Maybe he changes it now but I’d be disappointed as a Ducks fan if he pays to get rid of him. I’d rather they ride him out if it costs to get rid of him.

Reactions: MCB and Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It seems Verbeek is ready/willing to move on from him at this point. However, truth be told, it doesn’t hurt the Ducks to ride out his contract. Even as bad as he’s been, he’s served a purpose for allowing Dostal to ease into taking over his role. They’re not competing and don’t need the cap so it’s not hurting them.

Some still think he’s a good goalie and can be revived on a better team, which I share that belief.

With those two points, combined, I believe that’s why Verbeek has put what most see as an unreasonable ask on his value. Maybe he changes it now but I’d be disappointed as a Ducks fan if he pays to get rid of him. I’d rather they ride him out if it costs to get rid of him.
As a Czech fan I wanted Gibson gone so Dostal can be the Number 1. I believe he's our best goalie despite his stats. Eg. at the World Championships we had Vejmelka, Mrazek and Dostal. Dostal was the starter.

However, now I think everyone is starting to see Dostal is the 1 and Gibson is the 1b. As long as that is the scenario then I agree that Gibson staying is better than giving him away for free.

But I really do want him on my Oil instead of Pickard - however, that is a 1 million salary for a 6 million salary. Most I'd want Gibson for is 2 million in 2024 (which may be undervaluing him unfairly).

Curious how it ends and if any team wants him for 6 mill?

Reactions: MCB and Crazy8oooo

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
hmm, surprised you guys wouldn't take a top 10 winger in the game and top 3 selke finalist
Marner has a full no move. He’s not going anywhere. Why would the Leafs want Fowler? They have OEL at half the money.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
As a Czech fan I wanted Gibson gone so Dostal can be the Number 1. I believe he's our best goalie despite his stats. Eg. at the World Championships we had Vejmelka, Mrazek and Dostal. Dostal was the starter.

However, now I think everyone is starting to see Dostal is the 1 and Gibson is the 1b. As long as that is the scenario then I agree that Gibson staying is better than giving him away for free.

But I really do want him on my Oil instead of Pickard - however, that is a 1 million salary for a 6 million salary. Most I'd want Gibson for is 2 million in 2024 (which may be undervaluing him unfairly).

Curious how it ends and if any team wants him for 6 mill?
My guess is that if Verbeek is retaining, he’s wanting something of value back. I’d be curious to know what teams think of him if salary weren’t a concern.

Best case scenario could be a team trading an equally struggling player with a similar contract where both teams fill a better need with the player they’re getting.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Shaves 3 million off the cap commitments for the next several years.

Jarry's contract is probably easier to move than Gibson's.
The Ducks have the most cap in the league and Fowler contract expires exactly when they will need to use that space.

Jarry’s contract is 1 mil less but a year longer. I would much rather be out of the contract a year faster then save 1 mil off a 6+ mil contract. Especially when I woul much rather take a shot on Gibson returning to form then Jarry.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
what would the ducks want from nucks for cam fowler.? start with hoglander. still on a good contract. 1.1 for another year i think.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
what would the ducks want from nucks for cam fowler.? start with hoglander. still on a good contract. 1.1 for another year i think.
Given their injury history, and the fact they're now on the wrong side of 30, it's 'buyer beware' for NHL teams interested in acquiring them. But rest assured, some team unhappy with the state of their blueline and their goaltending, will dramatically 'overpay' and live to regret it.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

The thing that's killing Gibson isn't even the dollar amount of his contract but the length. Nobody wants to take a chance on what has been an average to below average goalie for years now for three years. Even if it's at 3.2M. And that's assuming the Ducks want to hold onto that much salary despite rebuilding.

It sucks because I do agree with you. On a better team, I think he'll surprise people. Sadly, he's pretty much stuck

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad