Rumor: Cam Fowler potentially available, Gibson, too

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I still believe in Gibson. If anyone wants to point to some out of touch fan who just cant forget the past, I am he. Because I still think the good Gibson is there somewhere, he just needs a change of scenery.

A rebuilding team would be smart to take him on for cheap. He could rebound and play great, but even if it all goes wrong at worst he helps you tank.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
You do realize there was the
“And whatever it takes to get fowler” in the original post

Which implies other pieces, that Husso/holl conversation is just to figure out cap space to get fowler in
I didn't see that, my bad.

Ya no issue taking back some combination of dumps as long as the contracts are 1 or 2 years.
I'm more focused on the return that actually helps the Ducks.

I still believe in Gibson. If anyone wants to point to some out of touch fan who just cant forget the past, I am he. Because I still think the good Gibson is there somewhere, he just needs a change of scenery.

A rebuilding team would be smart to take him on for cheap. He could rebound and play great, but even if it all goes wrong at worst he helps you tank.
Gibson needs to be playing meaningful games. He doesn't need to go to a rebuilding team, he needs to go to a good team without a good goalie. I still think Colorado is a perfect fit.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not that Anaheim's cupboards are empty, but it's kind of weird that those two weren't traded five years ago. Hard to see the market being big for either.

Fowler makes sense for a few teams that need a steady lhd that can eat mins

Ya no issue taking back some combination of dumps as long as the contracts are 1 or 2 years.

Gibson needs to be playing meaningful games. He doesn't need to go to a rebuilding team, he needs to go to a good team without a good goalie. I still think Colorado is a perfect fit.

To facilitate a trade at this point we prob have to take some cap or retain… I think taking cap is prob better for us…. Especially if we can get players back that could potentially be stop gaps.

As much as I like Luneau, I do kinda feel he should start off in the AHL. So guys like holl and Mataa could be decent stop gap. Mataa only has 1 year so we could also flip him at deadline for additional asset.

As for what return we’d get in terms of help…. Tough to say I’m kinda tired of draft picks and would prefer to get pieces further along but I think draft picks would be likely route. I still like breggren… guys like gibson and Johansson might be okay depth pick ups.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I don’t feel like fowler falls under unwanted no value
If Fowler was in the final year of his contract then (perhaps?) he would have value. But he’s a 34 year old guy with 2 years at 6.5. That’s a tough contract for clubs to take on without sending money back or having high % retention. Imo that’s a no value player.

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011
I'm shocked Fowler is still a Duck. He's a top 4 D on almost every team still and on a fair contract. Ducks could've got assets for him ages ago but I guess they wanted a good vet for the rebuild to stick around or he didn't want to really leave or both.
Fowler only really fits with the Penguins, Flyers, Wings or Hawks though ;)

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I get you hate Fowler, but cmon man. Matta and Husso for Fowler? WTF. Why would the Ducks do that? And yes I know you think it is addition by subtraction, but the Ducks could trade him at the deadline with retention and get a really good return.

He is not a top pairing defensemen but he is a top 4 on almost every team in the league. Matta and Husso is a trash and I would rather keep him.

Maatta isn't trash. Good 3rd pair defender who can babysit weaker defensive partners.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
If Fowler was in the final year of his contract then (perhaps?) he would have value. But he’s a 34 year old guy with 2 years at 6.5. That’s a tough contract for clubs to take on without sending money back or having high % retention. Imo that’s a no value player.

He's actually 32 and still a top 4 defenseman on a short term contract. Interesting assessment of no value.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Can Fowler still be a good top 4D? Oilers could probably acquire him if Ducks retain around 1.5 million at the deadline.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't know how you do it at this point because the season hasn't even started yet but I'd be all over Cam Fowler especially since he's not a rental.

He'd finish off that top 4 nicely.

Rielly
Fowler
McCabe
Tanev
OEL
Benoit

looks pretty good to me

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

His salary is prohibitive for Colorado.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Fowler will likely have suiters, especially if they are willing to retain or if a team loses a top 4 dman.

I think they waited way too long on Gibson. I think they are stuck with him now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad