Trade: Cam Akers and Conditional 7th round pick to the Vikings for a Conditional 2026 6th round pick

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
guessing this means jones will be out longer than expected? or just a depth move

can't hurt to have added RB depth behind an injury prone back

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice to have Akers back. Sounds like Jones should be fine but they needed depth behind him regardless. Both to limit his snaps and in case of another injury and as much as I like Chandler, he can't be the only guy and they don't trust him to block in obvious passing situations.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Nice to have Akers back. Familiar with the offense, definitely better than Gaskin. Chandler is inconsistent and not good in pass pro. He was playing well and taking that job from Mattison before his injury last year.

It's weird cause it was reported they were close to signing him back in the summer and it even appeared on the NFL transaction wire, then something happened and he wound up signing with Houston. KOC seems to love him.

I'm sure the conditions are something insane that won't be met and both teams will keep their picks.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
He's good depth to have, but I think they needed a guy who was better on runs between the tackles, in case Jones is out. Akers is better than Chandler there, but not by much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad