Confirmed with Link: Calum Ritchie signs ELC

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I feel like he should get the 9 game tryout right? There’s a chance Lehkonen isn’t ready. I doubt Landeskog is ready to go Game 1. Sounds like LOC should be ready though. Let’s see if he can hack it. If not, back to Oshawa then playa.

Drouin-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Lehkonen-Mittelstadt-X?
Wood-Colton-LOC
Kelly-Wagner-Kiviranta/Kovalenko

That’s with Lehkonen in there obvi. Cause last I saw about him is that he’ll be close and not 100% known for opener. So uh. Yea. What’s the worst that can happen by giving him 9 games if he looks good thru camp with how that lineup looks

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I kind of feel that CMac/Bednar look at Ritchie as a top-six forward at this point. If he looks like he belongs in the top six during TC and some preseason games, sure give him 9 game trial if there's an opening. Hell, if the opening is still there after nine games and he looks like he belongs, go ahead and burn this year and let him play more. We could still send him back down to juniors if he hits a massive wall or if we want him to go get some more experience at the Worlds. I really wish the NHL would renegotiate the transfers with juniors though and allow teams to use the AHL in situations like this. I don't know if they can limit it to first round picks only or maybe only after players have played their D+1 years in juniors; but something needs to change for those that are too good for juniors but maybe struggling a bit jumping straight to the NHL.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
So nice that our only prospect with a shot of making the NHL signs his ELC.

Now go enjoy your 4th season in the OHL. Loveland awaits you for 3 more years after that! Perhaps a cheeky Utah ECHL stint as well.

We have many prospects capable of making the NHL. Okay, it's harder in Colorado because the talent level is so sky high in the top team, so I do get your point. But in a top heavy team, we'll be needing to rely on a lot of that talent coming through now.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I’d argue the bonuses and their impact moving forward make it rather complicated. If the Avs weren’t scraping for every dollar, not that complicated. But the Avs are trying to find every penny they can. Even 425k can make a huge difference
In reality they're not complicated, it's only complicated because of the f***ed reality they are in in terms of cap.

Here is the thing if they are that royally f***ed cap wise, which they are, that an ELC for your best prospect is this much of complicated head scratcher then you need to trade someone and create some cap cushion. Honestly I'm stunned they haven't.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
In reality they're not complicated, it's only complicated because of the f***ed reality they are in in terms of cap.

Here is the thing if they are that royally f***ed cap wise, which they are, that an ELC for your best prospect is this much of complicated head scratcher then you need to trade someone and create some cap cushion. Honestly I'm stunned they haven't.
I can give plenty of instances of complications… and the cap is the reason the Avs have to work through that. But that’s just reality. Not having a 400k risk is a good thing for the situation the Avs are in.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I kind of feel that CMac/Bednar look at Ritchie as a top-six forward at this point. If he looks like he belongs in the top six during TC and some preseason games, sure give him 9 game trial if there's an opening. Hell, if the opening is still there after nine games and he looks like he belongs, go ahead and burn this year and let him play more. We could still send him back down to juniors if he hits a massive wall or if we want him to go get some more experience at the Worlds. I really wish the NHL would renegotiate the transfers with juniors though and allow teams to use the AHL in situations like this. I don't know if they can limit it to first round picks only or maybe only after players have played their D+1 years in juniors; but something needs to change for those that are too good for juniors but maybe struggling a bit jumping straight to the NHL.
If the Colton trade rumors had any truth in them it's gotta be Ritchie who they had planned for 3C.
Since we managed to keep Drouin anyway I think it all turned out well.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
MY GOD!!

He has NO arm muscles!!
casey-mittelstadt (1).jpg

He'll fit right in 😎

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Not sure why this was so delayed, the details aren't even that complicated on ELCs. Wish they'd given him his moment at the rookie camp instead of few days after, but whatever I guess.

Well deserved easily our best prospect.

Not sure he offers any flexibility if he makes the roster. He probably pushes out Wagner, who's on league minimum anyways.

Only way it offers flexibility is if they keep him and trade it Colton or something along those lines.

Serious question. Are your going to use this as the 1 millionth example of why you ranting and raving about how the sky is falling for every little thing isn't worth it? You made multiple posts about how it's such a big deal that he isn't signed, how it's such a bad look for the organization. And look. He signed. It's over. No big deal. You flipped out for nothing. Aaaaaaagain.

The sky isn't always falling, Chet. Use all these examples of you being proven wrong the next time you want to flip out. If the Zamboni breaks and they have to use a crappy old one for a bit, it's not proof that MacKinnon is going to ask for a trade. If the hotdog cart outside the training facility runs out of buns, it doesn't mean that Makar is going to sign with Calgary.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Serious question. Are your going to use this as the 1 millionth example of why you ranting and raving about how the sky is falling for every little thing isn't worth it? You made multiple posts about how it's such a big deal that he isn't signed, how it's such a bad look for the organization. And look. He signed. It's over. No big deal. You flipped out for nothing. Aaaaaaagain.

The sky isn't always falling, Chet. Use all these examples of you being proven wrong the next time you want to flip out. If the Zamboni breaks and they have to use a crappy old one for a bit, it's not proof that MacKinnon is going to ask for a trade. If the hotdog cart outside the training facility runs out of buns, it doesn't mean that Makar is going to sign with Calgary.
What if Denver runs out of slurpees? That could change things for Makar.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

Agreed 100% until the end. Frail Cale is going to sign in Calgary and I have it on good authority that he was left hanging at the hotdog cart when they ran out of buns during the playoffs our cup year.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad