Proposal: Calgary - Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
To Nashville:
C Sean Monahan
LD Juuso Valimaki

To CGY:
RW Philip Tomasino
RW Rocco Grimaldi

CGY Lines:

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Mangiapane-Dube-Tomasino
Coleman-Backlund-Grimaldi/Pitlick/Pelletier
Lucic-Ruzicka-Lewis
Richardson

Hanifin-Rasmus
Kylington-Tanev
Zadorov-Gudbranson
Mackey/Stone

NSH Lines:
Tolvanen-Johansen-Kunin
Forsberg-Granlund-Duchene
Trenin-Monahan-Sissons
Cousins-Novak-Jeannot

Josi-Fabbro
Ekhlom-Carrier
Valimaki-Benning
Boroweicki-Myers

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Must really like Tomasino.
Monahan is still worth a mid to late 1st + and Valimaki is likely a 2nd + small add or forward prospect of similar value.

Feel CGY could do better than this if both of those guys are packaged.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Pass. I don't see Monahan adding anything we don't already have. Tomasino doesn't have a big role with us yet, but he is flashing some impressive speed and talent. I'll take my chances with how he progresses over the next decade rather than trade for a season of a fading Monahan, thanks.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Pass. I don't see Monahan adding anything we don't already have. Tomasino doesn't have a big role with us yet, but he is flashing some impressive speed and talent. I'll take my chances with how he progresses over the next decade rather than trade for a season of a fading Monahan, thanks.

I understand wanting to take your chances with Tomasino, but I feel like you're ignoring Valimaki's value. I know you guys have a lot of young skilled D but Valimaki could really thrive in a sheltered role behind Ekholm and become another cheap top-4LD since Josi and Ekholm are on the wrong side of 30. That, plus Monahan>>Grimaldi, makes it pretty fair value to me.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Must really like Tomasino.
Monahan is still worth a mid to late 1st + and Valimaki is likely a 2nd + small add or forward prospect of similar value.

Feel CGY could do better than this if both of those guys are packaged.

The thing is we have such a big need at RW and basically no cap space to address it. Tomasino (being on his ELC for 2 more years past this one) would be absolutely ideal and this deal would leave us flexibility and 2 seconds to replace Monahan at 3C (and Dube can probably do it from within). If there is a better deal for a RH RW that fits our cap situation I am yet to find it

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The thing is we have such a big need at RW and basically no cap space to address it. Tomasino (being on his ELC for 2 more years past this one) would be absolutely ideal and this deal would leave us flexibility and 2 seconds to replace Monahan at 3C (and Dube can probably do it from within). If there is a better deal for a RH RW that fits our cap situation I am yet to find it

Florida has some cheap RW depth in the pipeline.

Tippett, Denisenko can play RW, Hutsko, Noel.

Don't know if we need Monahan though. I'd only be interested in Valimaki in a prospect swap trade

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I understand wanting to take your chances with Tomasino, but I feel like you're ignoring Valimaki's value. I know you guys have a lot of young skilled D but Valimaki could really thrive in a sheltered role behind Ekholm and become another cheap top-4LD since Josi and Ekholm are on the wrong side of 30. That, plus Monahan>>Grimaldi, makes it pretty fair value to me.
I am indeed ignoring Vailmaki's value... because he doesn't really have much to us. We don't need a 3rd pair defenseman any more than we need to pay $6M for a #3C. It's just not a trade that fits any needs for us. What we NEED is Tomasino bringing us some more speed and scoring up front for many years to come.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
There isn't much interest in trading Tomasino from the Preds side, and there's not a lot in this package getting us to rethink that. And what is with Calgary fans always trying to trade us Monahan? :huh: We've got like $24M tied up in veteran centers already. I could see it more back when he was being swapped for Johansen, but when talking Tomasino it's just the wrong direction from a roster building perspective.

Reactions: Armourboy

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
I am indeed ignoring Vailmaki's value... because he doesn't really have much to us. We don't need a 3rd pair defenseman any more than we need to pay $6M for a #3C. It's just not a trade that fits any needs for us. What we NEED is Tomasino bringing us some more speed and scoring up front for many years to come.

Ya understandable. Figured it was worth a shot

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Florida has some cheap RW depth in the pipeline.

Tippett, Denisenko can play RW, Hutsko, Noel.

Don't know if we need Monahan though. I'd only be interested in Valimaki in a prospect swap trade

Valimaki for Tippett? Would be a done deal from my end. Interested in Denisenko too but his meh AHL production is a bit underwhelming

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Valimaki for Tippett? Would be a done deal from my end. Interested in Denisenko too but his meh AHL production is a bit underwhelming

It's very tempting and I'm one of Tippetts biggest defenders on FLA board. He isn't scoring at all and has gone cold for last 10 games. His defensive game is getting better, he's more physical and actually a decent passer/playmaker.

It'd likely be Tippett or Denisenko for Valimaki though. Would help both teams, just stuck on which one to send to CGY

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Another thread of I want your cheap good players for my overpaid POS players who aren’t as good as when they were young.

Reactions: McJedi

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Another thread of I want your cheap good players for my overpaid POS players who aren’t as good as when they were young.

It’s literally not like that at all lol. Valimaki for Tomasino and then Monahan for Grimaldi? If Nashville had a need for D prospects this would be a fair value trade. It’s legit an A level prospect swap and then Calgary giving up a better player to make up the difference

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad