LeBrun: Calgary & Edmonton interested in Brett Kulak

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Calgary does not have a 3rd round pick until 2024. How about Kulak plus Calgary's 2023 5th (acquired in Toffoli trade) for 2023 2nd. Kulak is versatile, very good on 3rd pair but has had success playing on 2nd pair too with Petry for extended stretches

Reactions: John B

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
For Kulak. I will settle for a 3rd.

Not the same price. My guess is MTL asks for a 2nd for Kulak but a 3rd should be enough I believe (Dermott got a 3rd and I'd prefer having him over Dermott any time of the week)

i think he gets a 3rd and hes not that bad

While I think the ask is the 2nd I think you all are right either he gets a 3rd + late pick or

Kulak and Ducks 3rd for a 2nd could make sense as well. Basically trade down 20 spots from end of the 2nd to the middle of the third round.

Reactions: John B

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
He cost Montreal nothing at the time of acquisition, but is an ok 7th-8th defenseman. The type of guy you can acquire for a "conditional 7th" or "future considerations". So, anything recouped seems like it would be a win.

Probably a decent depth guy for a team like Edmonton who has a tough luck finding good defenders.
Yeah no, we will keep him. He's worth far more than that.

• Haha
Reactions: abo9

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Kulak would be a fine 7th guy for Calgary, but if the expectation is 3rd or higher back, I don't think we should be giving that up for a guy who we hope never sees the ice.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
nice contribution to the discussion
He's been a healthy scratch on the worst team in the league this year. He does suck
His contribution was almost more constructive than your initial contribution.

Kulak struggled a little in the last few weeks under Ducharme, but he's very good in transition despite his lack of offensive awareness sometimes. His strength defensively is defending against the rush, where he's great at denying controlled entries. He also has decent positioning. He's just not physical, but despite that, he's been much more efficient defensively than Chiarot, even when you just look at when they're both deployed against other teams' top players.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Kulak has been on fire since moving to Montreal's top pairing. He's been at an an incredible goal per game pace since being put in that spot. He didn't look out of place at all and totally should garner lots of looks.

(It was one game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad