Calgary announces agreement for new $1.2 billion arena for the Flames

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
It's August 1st and I'm still pissed off that my provincial tax bucks are going to fund that shit down south.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The saddledome isn't a dump, there's longer bathroom and food lines at rodgers place in Edmonton, this is about money, owners need a larger lower bowl and a roof that can take the weight for modern concerts and shows

I've been to 8 NHL arenas - the Saddledome is a dump by every single measure in comparison.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I've been to 8 NHL arenas - the Saddledome is a dump by every single measure in comparison.
For an arena that was built in 1983 it really wasn’t/isn't that bad. It’s dated and slowly falling in disrepair, which is why this new arena is a god send for Calgary and Alberta as a whole

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Correct. Not sure why that’s at all relevant, but sure.
Because neither are/were dumps, the respective cities have just outgrown the need for them and the cost of renovations are not worth it.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Because neither are/were dumps, the respective cities have just outgrown the need for them and the cost of renovations are not worth it.

Compared to arenas in developing countries they weren’t that bad.

Compared to pretty much every other arena in the NHL - they’re dumps no matter how much you don’t want them to be.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Compared to arenas in developing countries they weren’t that bad.

Compared to pretty much every other arena in the NHL - they’re dumps no matter how much you don’t want them to be.
Old and dated doesn’t make something a dump, it’s still a suitable venue but has outgrown its life expectancy and something new is needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00