C Will Bitten (2016, 70th, MTL; traded to MIN; traded to STL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Never would have predicted he would be available at 70. Great fit for the Habs with him being fully bilingual and he was a fan of the team.

Hopefully he sticks at C full time the next 2 years because we have a clear need for C prospects.

I saw that Flint recently traded the Finnish D the Red Wings took last year. Are they going total rebuild mode? Could it be another challenging season?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Forgot I posted earlier in this thread (#46) in March where I thought he would be a steal if he made it 2nd rd. How about the 3rd rd?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Oh he happens to speak French and basically falls into Montreal's lap lol.

I think he might end up being one of the steals of the draft. 5'10 isn't that undersized especially if you're one of the faster draft eligible OHLers like he was and can play responsibly defensively and kill penalties. So I wonder why so many NHL teams passed up on him, did they see something we didn't or did they just not bother to scout Flint very much?

Either way, I think he can put up 80+ points next season and I hope for his sake, he gets traded to a better team. Lesser players have thrown tantrums to get what they want in the OHL.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Either way, I think he can put up 80+ points next season and I hope for his sake, he gets traded to a better team. Lesser players have thrown tantrums to get what they want in the OHL.

Hopefully he gets traded to Windsor to play on the same team as Sergachev.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
What a steal at #70. I think he makes the big league in a couple years.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Never would have predicted he would be available at 70. Great fit for the Habs with him being fully bilingual and he was a fan of the team.

Hopefully he sticks at C full time the next 2 years because we have a clear need for C prospects.

I saw that Flint recently traded the Finnish D the Red Wings took last year. Are they going total rebuild mode? Could it be another challenging season?

Really great value pick for the Habs. The Wings forced Flint to trade Saarijärvi as they were very unhappy with the situation there last year.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
As has been rumoured for a while, he doesn't want to return to Flint and has asked for a trade.

Nice, I hope he'll get traded to a team like London or Windsor where he'll be able to show how good is he. He was already impressive on a poor team, can't wait to see him on a good team!

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
He wants to be a 67 and only a 67 it seems, mostly because he wants to do his post-secondary studies in french. His brother being in 67 camp doesn't hurt either.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
He wants to be a 67 and only a 67 it seems, mostly because he wants to do his post-secondary studies in french. His brother being in 67 camp doesn't hurt either.

He gave the franchise two seasons, I'd say it's well within his right to request to go to that specific team. Especially because he has some valid reasons for wanting to be there.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
He gave the franchise two seasons, I'd say it's well within his right to request to go to that specific team. Especially because he has some valid reasons for wanting to be there.

He could easily take distance courses...

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
How much of a possibility Gatineau would be ?

You mean as in to play for the Olympiques? It's not a possibility - he's from Ottawa, which is an OHL region...so he can only be traded to another OHL team (theoretically, it's possible to end up playing in a different league - it does happen - but only when the player isn't wanted by any team in their home league...which wouldn't be the case for Bitten).

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Still can't believe he fell to the 3rd round; very talented kid. I'll be watching him more intently if he's traded out of that dumpster fire.

Also selfishly I'll be relieved because Flint's home announcer enunciates everything so strangely. The way he says Bitten's name made my eye twitch. :laugh:

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
This sounds like a ploy to me, unless he hasn't graduated high school (which he should of by now). Very few OHL guys who have been drafted start post-secondary education after being drafted relatively high. Seems more like an agent back strategy to get public-opinion on his side to force a trade to the team he wants. Not a surprise, it is not like Flint has any chance in the court of public opinion, but I don't think Bitten has much ground to stand on if Ottawa don't make a good offer. I doubt the Habs would be happy with him either spending another year in Flint or having to go down to OJHL.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
This sounds like a ploy to me, unless he hasn't graduated high school (which he should of by now). Very few OHL guys who have been drafted start post-secondary education after being drafted relatively high. Seems more like an agent back strategy to get public-opinion on his side to force a trade to the team he wants. Not a surprise, it is not like Flint has any chance in the court of public opinion, but I don't think Bitten has much ground to stand on if Ottawa don't make a good offer. I doubt the Habs would be happy with him either spending another year in Flint or having to go down to OJHL.

The OHL even offers scholarships to players going on to post-secondary. It's not that unheard of.

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
I would imagine any Canadian city that has an OHL team has a French or a few French schools. If he wants to play in Ottawa, then let the kid play!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad