Prospect Info: C/W Jiri Kulich, 28th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft; recalled 11/25/23, assigned 11/29/23

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY

1718311541985.jpeg

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Excited about Kulich. His playoff performance sucked, but to me, you can only take so much from that. His second half doesn't mean much to me, either. I want to see what he can do at the NHL level at this point. Unless he completely sucks in camp, I'd like to see him on the team.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Excited about Kulich. His playoff performance sucked, but to me, you can only take so much from that. His second half doesn't mean much to me, either. I want to see what he can do at the NHL level at this point. Unless he completely sucks in camp, I'd like to see him on the team.
The question is, who he replace? If Skinner is not going anywhere, and we also need to improve roster other players, it will be difficult to find a place in line up.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
The question is, who he replace? If Skinner is not going anywhere, and we also need to improve roster other players, it will be difficult to find a place in line up.
Thompson, Skinner, Cozens, Tuch, Greenway, Benson, Quinn, Peterka, and Krebs are the nine forwards signed or RFA.

You want Jost,Girgensons, Robinson back? I couldn't care less.

Savoie is going to Rochester. We will likely carry 23 players, meaning two forwards. There are always injuries.

I have no problem if Kulich sits in stands here or there. An extended period is dumb. Rosen should probably be up too. That gives them 11 forwards. Sign/trade for a centre that can take draws for 12. I would get another UFA for depth too.

Contrary to the general belief in Buffalo, you can have players fighting for playing time. Gifting time wasn't good for Eichel/Reinhart/Levi/Casey/Thompson etc. I'd like competition for time ALL SEASON. Make it a competition for PP time, too. No gifts. Skinner can sit in the stands too, when he sits on his ass. Thompson can sit. Anyone.

I'm not talking about sitting guys for making mistakes but for effort. Same for any player. Rookies with no waivers can be moved up and down, if they don't hustle. Common sense should prevail. Coaches know if guys are hobbled and that's why their play is slowed. Benson, an 18-year-old, played hard every shift. How does a teenager show up people?

My number one request from Ruff is no more gifting of time and jobs for veterans, rookies or anyone. If Kulich sucks in camp and gets outplayed by Savoie, send him down too. If Krebs doesn't show up in top shape, I might just waive him and risk losing him.

Honestly, I don't care anymore. I'm just so sick of the country club atmosphere from a team that hasn't qualified in 13 years.

We have some talented guys on the list above. Every one of them has a solid pedigree, and we have seen the talent shine through, but the inconsistency has killed this team. The lack of urgency is just terrible.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Thompson, Skinner, Cozens, Tuch, Greenway, Benson, Quinn, Peterka, and Krebs are the nine forwards signed or RFA.

Savoie is going to Rochester. We will likely carry 23 players, meaning two forwards. There are always injuries.

I have no problem if Kulich sits in stands here or there. An extended period is dumb. Rosen should probably be up too. That gives them 11 forwards. Sign/trade for a centre that can take draws for 12. I would get another UFA for depth too.

Contrary to the general belief in Buffalo, you can have players fighting for playing time. Gifting time wasn't good for Eichel/Reinhart/Levi/Casey/Thompson etc. I'd like competition for time ALL SEASON. Make it a competition for PP time, too. No gifts. Skinner can sit in the stands too, when he sits on his ass. Thompson can sit. Anyone.

I'm not talking about sitting guys for making mistakes but for effort. Same for any player. Rookies with no waivers can be moved up and down, if they don't hustle. Common sense should prevail. Coaches know if guys are hobbled and that's why their play is slowed. Benson, an 18-year-old, played hard every shift. How does a teenager show up people?

My number one request from Ruff is no more gifting of time and jobs for veterans, rookies or anyone. If Kulich sucks in camp and gets outplayed by Savoie, send him down too. If Krebs doesn't show up in top shape, I might just waive him and risk losing him.

Honestly, I don't care anymore. I'm just so sick of the country club atmosphere from a team that hasn't qualified in 13 years.

We have some talented guys on the list above. Every one of them has a solid pedigree, and we have seen the talent shine through, but the inconsistency has killed this team. The lack of urgency is just terrible.
I mean we need to add a 3C and some more physical guys, maybe there's a spot for Kulich or Savoie, maybe not.

Reactions: DJN21

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022

Why? Do you honestly think they would send him down if he earns a spot in camp? Heck he was their best prospect two years in a row at camp. Plus he has had some AHL games.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Why? Do you honestly think they would send him down if he earns a spot in camp? Heck he was their best prospect two years in a row at camp. Plus he has had some AHL games.
The question is……. will there be a spot to earn?

If Adams fills out the roster with the pieces that have been discussed. There may not be a spot in the starting 12 for Kulich, Savoie, etc.

Last edited:

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I think the plan is he going to Rochester, but I also said if he wins a spot, so be it. Send Kulich down. I want real competition. I'm all for Savoie making the team.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006

I think Savoie could make the team out of camp. He’s as good as Benson IMO, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he outplayed all the other potential rookies/prospects.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Vet 4th liners can sit in the press box if younger, more versatile players take their spot.
Well right now there is no such thing as a vet 4th liner on the roster. KA has to add at least three, and if he ends up acquiring guys that can be eventually replaced next season by the likes of 20 yr old rookies that aren't even supposed to be playing a checking role, then KA is still in "pretend" mode.

He should be going after guys like Duhaime, Trenin, Lafferty, Noesen, or Carrier. Legit vets that are tough and/or defensively aware. Those guys would never get replaced by our prospects...not a chance. We see guys like Ryan Carpenter, Craig Smith, Tierney or Nosek from NJ, then KA isn't serious and we can expect another weak team trying to break in rookies in roles that they don't belong. In over their heads and set up for failure yet again.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Young players can enter the lineup anywhere and still push another player out. Math. I agree that Adams needs to go get a 4th line because it's non-existent at this point.

But I don't think that he is going to acquire a full roster of guys that would be unmovable. It's a silly argument because we both probably agree that the most effective player should be on the ice so if a rookie outplays, they should get a spot, if they don't, they shouldn't. Nobody is arguing that. Idk maybe you are.

The matchup argument - we all want more sandpaper in the lineup but there's also versatile players like Greenway that can slot in the 3rd or 4th.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Young players can enter the lineup anywhere and still push another player out. Math. I agree that Adams needs to go get a 4th line because it's non-existent at this point.

But I don't think that he is going to acquire a full roster of guys that would be unmovable. It's a silly argument because we both probably agree that the most effective player should be on the ice so if a rookie outplays, they should get a spot, if they don't, they shouldn't. Nobody is arguing that. Idk maybe you are.

The matchup argument - we all want more sandpaper in the lineup but there's also versatile players like Greenway that can slot in the 3rd or 4th.
I don't know what you're trying to say here. Is it about 4th liners or anywhere in the FW group? The post I responded to was just about the 4th line, and there aren't any young players ready to take a checking role, just skill guys that could get miscast and forced into the lineup if KA acquires mediocre guys. If you're talking about anywhere else, prospects could take a spot due to injury but otherwise roster moves have to be made if a vet isn't earning ice time.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Vet 4th liners can sit in the press box if younger, more versatile players take their spot.
If Adams is going out to get vet 4th liners to fill specific roles/usages for Lindy. Then those vets will be part of the starting 12. They will not be removed from the lineup by a youngster, no matter how strong of a camp they have.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I don't know what you're trying to say here. Is it about 4th liners or anywhere in the FW group? The post I responded to was just about the 4th line, and there aren't any young players ready to take a checking role, just skill guys that could get miscast and forced into the lineup if KA acquires mediocre guys. If you're talking about anywhere else, prospects could take a spot due to injury but otherwise roster moves have to be made if a vet isn't earning ice time.
Well I'm hoping that we're not planning on rookies making the team but if one does then there's a strong possibility a Krebs or future signing gets a rest. Who knows maybe it's Skinner. I guess it wouldn't even matter because it's not often the team will be fully healthy.

If Adams is going out to get vet 4th liners to fill specific roles/usages for Lindy. Then those vets will be part of the starting 12. They will not be removed from the lineup by a youngster, no matter how strong of a camp they have.

There is no way Kulich is going to bounce a vet 4th line defensive center from the lineup.
We already dove into that. Probably all depends on how everyone is performing. Not saying that they'll slot Kulich into the 4th line to start the season. Is is that what you guys are jumping on?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
We already dove into that. Probably all depends on how everyone is performing. Not saying that they'll slot Kulich into the 4th line to start the season. Is is that what you guys are jumping on?
Jumping on? The post I quoted only talked about the possibility of 4th liners sitting for more rounded youngsters.

It really doesn’t depend on how they’re performing. If we acquire a checking 4th line center who PKs and is good on draws. That center is a tool brought in for Lindy to use. If he ever sits, I don’t see Lindy wanting a kid without those skills as a replacement. I think you may be forgetting what filling out specific roles looks like when roster building. If we go out and build a 4th line. They are locks to start the season in the starting 12. The only places in the lineup Kulich, Savoie, etc would have a chance to make the starting 12 would be in the top 9. Who are they beating out? Maybe Krebs?

All of that matters because I don’t see Kulich, Savoie, etc on the roster unless the make the starting 12. They would be in Rochester to start the season. Which means they‘re not even going to be an option to replace one of these vets if they sat.

Granted, all of the above hinges on what Adams does this offseason. If he isn’t that aggressive and only adds a forward or two. Then there are more options for Kulich, Savoie, etc.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Jumping on? The post I quoted only talked about the possibility of 4th liners sitting for more rounded youngsters.

It really doesn’t depend on how they’re performing. If we acquire a checking 4th line center who PKs and is good on draws. That center is a tool brought in for Lindy to use. If he ever sits, I don’t see Lindy wanting a kid without those skills as a replacement. I think you may be forgetting what filling out specific roles looks like when roster building. If we go out and build a 4th line. They are locks to start the season in the starting 12. The only places in the lineup Kulich, Savoie, etc would have a chance to make the starting 12 would be in the top 9. Who are they beating out? Maybe Krebs?

All of that matters because I don’t see Kulich, Savoie, etc on the roster unless the make the starting 12. They would be in Rochester to start the season. Which means they‘re not even going to be an option to replace one of these vets if they sat.

Granted, all of the above hinges on what Adams does this offseason. If he isn’t that aggressive and only adds a forward or two. Then there are more options for Kulich, Savoie, etc.
Honestly I didn't read that because it started out orificey. Go take it out on someone else. I don't really give a shit what you have to say

• Wow
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Honestly I didn't read that because it started out orificey. Go take it out on someone else. I don't really give a shit what you have to say
Quite baffled by this nasty response. The opening of my post was trying to convey confusion, not malice. Clearly I failed.

Your initial post I quoted said ….”Vet 4th liners can sit in the press box if younger, more versatile players take their spot.”

I gave my response to that and you responded with….. “We already dove into that. Probably all depends on how everyone is performing. Not saying that they'll slot Kulich into the 4th line to start the season. Is is that what you guys are jumping on?”

Your initial post only talked about the 4th line. So I was legitimately confused by you asking if I was “jumping on” the 4th line stuff. Which is why I posted “Jumping on? Followed by pointing this out.

Your second post was cleary addressing a bunch of posters , not just me. I may have missed a wider context due blocked posters and not reading through the thread. I was only addressing your initial post and your response to me in your second post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad