C/W Elmer Söderblom - Grand Rapids Griffins, AHL (2019, 159th, DET)

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
such great hands , quick mind , goal scorers instincts . if he becomes more balanced and stronger on skates so that he can plow through traffic with those hands look out . this looking to be hakans next datsyuk find !

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
So to sum it up, you're very impressed with his development and at the same time think the best course of action is that he as quickly as possible should get away from where he's had that development. On a team where his father is part of the coaching staff. That is an interesting take to say the least.

He's 20. He's got to start putting his 6'8 frame up against men.
If Sweden doesn't provide that, he should come here.

Reactions: r0bert8841

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
such great hands , quick mind , goal scorers instincts . if he becomes more balanced and stronger on skates so that he can plow through traffic with those hands look out . this looking to be hakans next datsyuk find !

giphy.gif

HFboards where a player is 20 when they're not even 6 months into 19.

I know you know this, but still funny...

There's a reason nobody really pays attention to him other than for a laugh.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
LOL he just did that through the legs goal again :) Silky hands, and nobody even tries to move him from the front of the net, because he’s so f***ing huge.

I’ll continue to call him a much bigger, but less talented, JvR.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Fudd

100% will be his nickname when he comes to North America I'd imagine lol

Anyways, love seeing silky mits on a giant

Reactions: r0bert8841

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Is he really 6'8? Pretty nuts to pull those moves at that height. Looked at least a head taller than Raymond.

Hes listed 6'6" to 6'8". Even at 6'6" that would be hard to pull off but I thinkwatching him he might be a legit 6'8". Theres guys in the NHL that are 6'5, 6'6 and he looks bigger. Hes noticeably bigger than a guy like Mantha to me whose listed at 6'5

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
There's 3 areas I'd like to see him improve upon:

Strength. He has made good strides in that department since he was drafted, still got ways to go.

Learning when to pass off to a teammate, at the WJC he had some good rushes that ended in the other team gaining possession because he runs out of room when he could've gotten it to an open teammate. Reminded me of Broberg, actually.

Working on his net front presence, both for better utilizing his body as a screen, and rebound control.

The first, and last points should be the easiest for him to improve and I don't doubt he will do so.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Another later rd pick that made an impression on me. He may be another late Swedish steal for the Red Wings. Most big players require more time to develop. He's a promising prospect with unique size and skills.

Reactions: decaguard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad