C/W Elmer Söderblom - Grand Rapids Griffins, AHL (2019, 159th, DET)

Christien

May 1, 2010
Just an outstanding talent. He's really made a lot of progress in his development and it's really starting to show. If he keeps it up, I could see him becoming an NHLer in the next 2 years and have an impact on a young Red Wings team. It's gonna be fun watching him, Raymond, and Berggren all on the same team. This is Hakan Andersson's next late round gem.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I think this one may be the most entertaining so today. It looks like he kicks the puck out of mid air to his stick.

Reactions: Ulysses31

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Seems like all of Detroit’s prospects should be shipped off to the SHL :laugh:

Between Soderblom killing it so far, Edvisson playing like a #1D, Veleno seemingly regaining his offensive potential, bergrenn being PPG last season, Raymond playing on our 1st line, and Seider playing like a top pair D, Albert Johansson playing WELL above his draft position…everyone we have play in that league is playing above expectations.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Seems like all of Detroit’s prospects should be shipped off to the SHL :laugh:

Between Soderblom killing it so far, Edvisson playing like a #1D, Veleno seemingly regaining his offensive potential, bergrenn being PPG last season, Raymond playing on our 1st line, and Seider playing like a top pair D, Albert Johansson playing WELL above his draft position…everyone we have play in that league is playing above expectations.
In hindsight it was an absolute farce that we typically deferred to North American scouting in the first few rounds from 2012-2018. Relative to draft capital put in, our Swedish scouting has been far and away are best performing region.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
Kronwall on Soderblom's improvement this season: "He is growing (in terms of play), the last few weeks better and better. He realizes more and more the size and the power he has, makes better use of it. They have done well here in Frölunda. I think there are a few more gears, but it's great to see him. The strength of the puck has become much better, just to be able to keep away (opponents) so that the game does not die with you, so to speak."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad