C Trevor Zegras (2019, 9th, ANA) Part 2

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Obviously has all the offensive talent in the world. Ducks fans, how has has two way game been? I find it interesting that his draft comparable, as far as I have seen, is Clayton Keller. Seems to be more skilled and smart. Let’s see if he can really contribute to winning at a high level.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Obviously has all the offensive talent in the world. Ducks fans, how has has two way game been? I find it interesting that his draft comparable, as far as I have seen, is Clayton Keller. Seems to be more skilled and smart. Let’s see if he can really contribute to winning at a high level.
He can certainly be better. He's good when he puts his mind into it but he is still learning when to be agressive offensively and when to be more cautious.
He is on the ice for many goals against. But I don't think it's either effort nor smarts issue. It's experience, imo.

He wants to win badly and do whatever it takes. He is improving in a lot of areas along the way and play without the puck I think will surely get better for him. Especially because now we still bench him often, actually

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I would certainly take him over anyone in the 2018, 2019 and 2020 drafts not named Moritz Seider.

I think he's more important to the Ducks than Seider would be because he's easier to market to the average/casual fan. Zegras both is more flashy and has the personality to draw fans in, something that Detroit really doesn't have to worry about. If the Ducks do this right (not really banking on it), they can really expand the fan base because of Z.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
He can certainly be better. He's good when he puts his mind into it but he is still learning when to be agressive offensively and when to be more cautious.
He is on the ice for many goals against. But I don't think it's either effort nor smarts issue. It's experience, imo.

He wants to win badly and do whatever it takes. He is improving in a lot of areas along the way and play without the puck I think will surely get better for him. Especially because now we still bench him often, actually
That’s putting it mildly. He’s proven he is a phenomenal offensive talent and there’s no need to beat around the bush when it comes to the defensive side. Zegras’ defensive picture is pretty ugly…but he’s half a season into his pro career. Better to prove he can score now and let the incremental defensive improvements come with time than the reverse IMO.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Zegras is already a great forechecker and backchecker... the issue is when the opposing team is cycling the puck he just isn't strong enough yet. He is going to be an elite 2 way player once he isn't built like a 17 year old, his main issues is not being able to overpower people on the boards with inside position. His stick work on the forecheck and backcheck is insane for his age.

Reactions: Trojans86

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
Zegras is already a great forechecker and backchecker... the issue is when the opposing team is cycling the puck he just isn't strong enough yet. He is going to be an elite 2 way player once he isn't built like a 17 year old, his main issues is not being able to overpower people on the boards with inside position. His stick work on the forecheck and backcheck is insane for his age.

He doesn't seem to mind getting his nose dirty. I'm really looking forward to watching his development. He'll be special.

Reactions: bsu and Kalv

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Being exceptionally quick makes him a better defensive player. I have no doubt he will be a high end all around player because he can win pucks in all zones. His defensive awareness will continue to improve.

Reactions: bsu

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities

A small flash of some of his creativity during actual NHL games.

I think this is the nasiest 1.5 minute clip I've ever seen. He is pulling off moves that no one else has even thought to attempt at the NHL level and making it staples in his game.

Zegras kind of reminds of Kaprizov last year with his ability to dominate games, his creativity, and the fact that Kaprizov wasn't quite a PPG player despite dominating based on the eye test.

Zegras is insane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad