C Semyon Der-Arguchintsev - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 76th, TOR)

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Answer was me, I got roasted by a lot of Leafs fans saying he might be their 2nd best prospect.
Nah, you got roasted for using Pronman's list as proof that since we don't follow your lead as being over the top homers about our prospects as proof of ignorance.... it was a really odd tilting at windmills moment. Not one I'd be in a rush to bring up.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Nah, you got roasted for using Pronman's list as proof that since we don't follow your lead as being over the top homers about our prospects as proof of ignorance.... it was a really odd tilting at windmills moment. Not one I'd be in a rush to bring up.
Why would i use CPs list when SDA was high on my own list?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
So basically I was right, SDA is one of your better prospect and you guys didnt know it at the time... the validation is the training camp.

Like I said, tilting at windmills.
We all liked SDA and were superpumped at the pick. There's no "Ha, I told you he was good!" moment because no one disagreed, there's just a handful of guys that have good upside of their own and are farther along/ safer bets to make it. Liking SDA doesn't make you right about not liking the rest.

Reactions: Critical91

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Like I said, tilting at windmills.
We all liked SDA and were superpumped at the pick. There's no "Ha, I told you he was good!" moment because no one disagreed, there's just a handful of guys that have good upside of their own and are farther along/ safer bets to make it. Liking SDA doesn't make you right about not liking the rest.
I dont even know what youre trying to say. My comment was that most leafs fans cant even rate their pool accordingly yet trash every other pool and call their pool the best I proved that is wrong.

Feel attacked if it fits, i didnt target an individual but a group.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
My comment was that most leafs fans cant even rate their pool accordingly

Lol who needs an appeal to authority when when you can just anoint yourself right?

Again, not having SDA 3 is not proof of not being high on him, or of not rating the pool accordingly. Liljegren/Grundstrom/Sandin/Johnsson (if you count him as a prospect)/Bracco are all damn good prospects, and its no slight on a high risk project to have him behind. That's before getting into more controversial guys like Korshkov/Woll/Brooks/Durzi/Rasanen.

Being right about SDA being good (in a vacuum) doesn't make you right about the rest being worse relative to him. If anything it should make you question your views on the rest of the Leafs pool.

Reactions: Critical91

BillNy

Jun 20, 2018
Lol who needs an appeal to authority when when you can just anoint yourself right?

Again, not having SDA 3 is not proof of not being high on him, or of not rating the pool accordingly. Liljegren/Grundstrom/Sandin/Johnsson (if you count him as a prospect)/Bracco are all damn good prospects, and its no slight on a high risk project to have him behind. That's before getting into more controversial guys like Korshkov/Woll/Brooks/Durzi/Rasanen.

Being right about SDA being good (in a vacuum) doesn't make you right about the rest being worse relative to him. If anything it should make you question your views on the rest of the Leafs pool.

Bracco isn't all that good.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Damn were running in circles here.

Its not a comment on the pool, rather an ability to assess what you have in said pool, as a leaf fan.

If SDA is the only junior player still in camp and hes the prospect that looks the best, what does that say about Leafs fan who had him ranked passed 6 ot 7?

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Damn were running in circles here.

Its not a comment on the pool, rather an ability to assess what you have in said pool, as a leaf fan.

If SDA is the only junior player still in camp and hes the prospect that looks the best, what does that say about Leafs fan who had him ranked passed 6 ot 7?
The issue here though is that this is over a two game sample size and a couple days in training camp. We don't really know where he falls in line until we see more.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo

Variance A- inclusion of older types that are NHL ready (Johnsson/Ozhiganov/Rosen), I disagree with this
Variance B- being high on some of the players not in camp (Korshkov/Woll/Rasanen) Justifiable

Personally post draft my top 10 was
Liljegren
Sandin/Grundstrom
Durzi
Rasanen/Korshkov/Bracco/Brooks
Der-Arguchintsev/Stotts

Today I'd be tempted to flip SDA and Ras, but that's being very reactionary. I wouldn't be surprised if he's pushing top 4 by the end of the season.​

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I dont even know what youre trying to say. My comment was that most leafs fans cant even rate their pool accordingly yet trash every other pool and call their pool the best I proved that is wrong.

"Leaf fans" how about we stop generalizing a whole group of fans. I am a Leaf fan, and I do not do this, along with my family and many friends.

"Some" Leaf fans are like this, just like any fanbase. We just have more fans and posters, so it seems like a lot do it.

Plus this is HFBoards, it represents less than a percent of fan opinions anyway.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

It's been at least two full years since I've seen any Leafs fan claiming their pool was the best.
And at the time, they weren't wrong.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Bracco isn't all that good.
SDA hasn't done anything to rank him above Bracco. You could argue that he has more potential but Bracco is the more proven prospect who has a good shot of making the NHL. I don't think the same can be said about SDA who is still a longshot.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

A few things to cover here.

1. We're very pleased with how SDA has looked over the rookie tournament and camp so far.
2. SDA is not a top 3 prospect in our system.
3. Congratulations for discovering SDA before some of the posters on the Leafs boards. We'll put up a plaque in your honour on our main boards for this godly achievement.

BillNy

Jun 20, 2018
SDA hasn't done anything to rank him above Bracco. You could argue that he has more potential but Bracco is the more proven prospect who has a good shot of making the NHL. I don't think the same can be said about SDA who is still a longshot.

Yes, Bracco has accomplished more. He was drafted three years earlier. Scott Thornton and Rob Pearson accomplished more than even Bracco!

Reactions: Mrb1p

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Pronman and that random habs website are the only two sources aside from me that I’ve seen be high on Der Arguchintsev, most wrote him off for size, physique or even skill.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I think that the SDA pick shows us that Dubas would likely have taken smaller skilled guys over the big hulking dudes Hunter has taken the last few drafts.

No chance they take Korch at 31st OA the other year he likely takes Debringcat.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
SDA has looked very very very good. Dev camp, rookie camp/tourny and now main camp.

The fact he was kept around through first camps with Sandin speaks volumes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad