C Robin Nico Antenen - Zug U20, U20-Elit (2024 Draft)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Leading U18 scorer in the U20 Swiss league so far. Has had some success for Switzerland at the international level. Looking for more info on the player, thanks!

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Leading U18 scorer in the U20 Swiss league so far. Has had some success for Switzerland at the international level. Looking for more info on the player, thanks!

Very mature player. Played in the U20 Elite league last season already so the scoring uptick doesn't come out of nowhere. Not as skilled as Jordan Forget or Jamiro Reber but probably the better player right now. Very mature shutdown, two way Center. Physically strong and winning lots of faceoffs as well. His NHL upside may be limited to bottom six. His scoring does look good now vs kids both nationally and internationally but I'm not sure if it's gonna translate to pro hockey. Even if it doesn't translate entirely he's still gonna be a good player. Might be someone NHL teams look at for the later rounds.

I really see him as more of a Center. However, was able to keep up playing wing on the Swiss top line with Reber and Forget which shows he's got some offense as well. Forget and Reber are both fast and, as I mentioned already, skilled. I'd still have preferred to see Antenen center his own line but at least he didn't look out of place playing wing with skilled speedsters.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Btw, Zug's decision to withdraw their Academy (farm) team from the SL ahead of last season is really hurting prospects like Antenen now. I believe he's good enough for pro hockey. Hopefully he'll get to play SL on a B licence later this season. That would help his draft chances a lot.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Given a C ranking by Central Scouting. Seems rather generous to me especially since his Hlinka Gretzky linemates didn't even make the list :laugh:
I was impressed with how Antenen was able to keep up with them playing wing but you don't need to be a pro scout to see that Jordan Forget and Jamiro Reber were the ones driving play of that topline.

Reactions: pgfan66

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Btw, Zug's decision to withdraw their Academy (farm) team from the SL ahead of last season is really hurting prospects like Antenen now. I believe he's good enough for pro hockey. Hopefully he'll get to play SL on a B licence later this season. That would help his draft chances a lot.
Don’t understand that decision too… Muggli Or Robin would benefit from this more than playing u20 elit as overagers after playing at the world juniors. A b-licence to winterthur would be interesting as his brother plays there but I don’t see this happening since winterthur is with Rappi.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Says he talked to several NHL teams already. Of course that's by no means a guarantee to get drafted but it indicates he's heavily scouted...which is a good sign I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad