C Oliver Kapanen - Timra, SHL (2021, 64th, MTL)

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
He's a solid player but needs to get stronger on the puck. He'll be sent back to the SHL soon but ya, he wll for sure be an NHLer down the road IMO.
The laine injury complicates things though, I see it likely he starts in Montreal as Roy has looked suspect to start. The team is basically deciding if he or heineman is the guy and if Roy can play 2nd line duties.

If Roy takes the 2nd line then heineman, if not kapanen

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
The laine injury complicates things though, I see it likely he starts in Montreal as Roy has looked suspect to start. The team is basically deciding if he or heineman is the guy and if Roy can play 2nd line duties.

If Roy takes the 2nd line then heineman, if not kapanen
It's possible. I just think the team sees him as a part of the team down the road but not just yet, send him back to europe to work on his weaknesses. I think Heineman has a better shot at startin in MTL even though I prefer Kapanenen and what he'll bring down the road.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
congrats on making his NHL debut, I didn't think he would make the team this year, I would have sent him back to the SHL but we'll see how it goes as you need to play him just about every night imo.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I actually noticed him alot last night VS Ottawa.. he looks like he could be sneaky good for this young exciting Habs team. Had over 4 mins on the PP last night and also some PK time.

From what I’ve seen after these first 2 games, it seems like the coaches like him due to the increase in ice time from game 1 to game 2

Hopefully he is able to stick with the team all season and continue to play well!

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
MSL seemed to like his play in post game comments
Oh yes you can see he has won over the trust of the coaches.. first game he was 10 mins toi with no PP time and some PK time… and now last nights game he had over 14 mins toi and over 4 mins on the PP#2

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
If he's going to stay, they're going to need to play him. None of this Rotenberg (sp) treatment. Otherwise, they need to send him back to Timra to get consistent ice time. That would be best for his development.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Kapanen's been ok, I think it's worth trying to keep him in the lineup as he continues to adjust to the NHL game style and speed. Played 14 minutes last night and didn't look out of place.

Reactions: Nevins

Kahvi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
His father and GM of Timrå is in Canada and will meet Montreal’s GM. The way he talked about the situation it seems Montreal has promised to Kapanen it’s either NHL or Timrå, even after 60 days limit.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
His father and GM of Timrå is in Canada and will meet Montreal’s GM. The way he talked about the situation it seems Montreal has promised to Kapanen it’s either NHL or Timrå, even after 60 days limit.
As of right now, I don’t see how they can’t keep him in the lineup with Montreal… Habs definitely will need a lot more time deciding the plan for him. Most young guys go through rough patches eventually so we will see what happens when Kapanen hits his

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad