C Nathan Noel (2016, 113rd, CHI; traded to PHI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
The Ice Caps still exist? Winnipeg basically took the Hamilton Bulldogs to Manitoba and gave St. John's to the Montreal Canadiens

They're still going to be called the Ice Caps in St. John's and have new jerseys to go with the habs colours. Montreal will move their AHL team to MTL area in a couple of years though.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Noel isn't able to sign with an AHL team as he is still eligible to play in the CHL for 3 more seasons. After hearing from some friends about Noel it doesn't surprise me that he had poor interviews, he has quite the head in his shoulders.

Has always been an issue lol. Comes with so much success at the Newfoundland level. When you tear up the leagues here you become some what of a province wide known name. Same with Brandon Hynes. Guy tore the AAA league a new one then went on to believe he was some sort of hockey god. Where is he now? 22 playing in our province wide Sr level.

Hope the same doesn't happen to Nathan, maybe he should have a chat with his good buddies Clarke Bishop and Luke Adam.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Has always been an issue lol. Comes with so much success at the Newfoundland level. When you tear up the leagues here you become some what of a province wide known name. Same with Brandon Hynes. Guy tore the AAA league a new one then went on to believe he was some sort of hockey god. Where is he now? 22 playing in our province wide Sr level.

Hope the same doesn't happen to Nathan, maybe he should have a chat with his good buddies Clarke Bishop and Luke Adam.

I don't think it's limited to just Newfoundlanders it's just our pool of highly skilled players is so small that were more likely to have some players with "issues" like Noel's. I really hope this was a humbling experience and he is able to make it to the NHL as I like to root for all of the potential NHL Newfoundlanders but Noel needs to learn from this in order to make it.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I don't think it's limited to just Newfoundlanders it's just our pool of highly skilled players is so small that were more likely to have some players with "issues" like Noel's. I really hope this was a humbling experience and he is able to make it to the NHL as I like to root for all of the potential NHL Newfoundlanders but Noel needs to learn from this in order to make it.

Oh no. I'm sure its an issue everywhere. I'm just stating that due to him being skilled and we have such a lack of high end skilled players, things like this are bound to happen. Yes, this needs to be a wake up call for Nathan.

Any news if he is returning and training with Ryan Power this summer? Ryan is fantastic, all the guys I've played with off the province have nothing but great things to say, I was thinking about looking into him as a trainer

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Can any of our E. Can or Q friends update us on him?

I'll preface this by saying I haven't seen any Sea Dogs games this year - but was wondering about him so checked out the player stats for the team - and while I see he's missed some games, he isn't otherwise lighting it up offensively (for an 18 year old, relative to the rest of the team).

He wasn't drafted this past season - I was surprised by that. I know he was invited to NHL camp (ANA, no?) but not signed. I was really hoping he'd light up the Q this season...but obviously that's not happening (either by pts or PPG).

So, what's going on with him?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, happens everywhere (maybe not as extreme a downfall to playing Sr league locally) look at John McFarland out of the GTHL. Guys head got big and never lived up to the hype. To be fair we are examining developing kids who have probably never dealt with adversity on the ice, and some may hide the insecurity over this with false bravado.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
After an awful start to the season he is now riding a 19 game point streak while the Sea dogs have skyrocketed into 1st place in their division as one of the hottest teams in the CHL.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
After an awful start to the season he is now riding a 19 game point streak while the Sea dogs have skyrocketed into 1st place in their division as one of the hottest teams in the CHL.

He's been a different player since the start of the new year. He's pushing very hard to hear his name called late in June.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
What the hell happened to him?

He had a good season, work hard and played with more grit. Hockey IQ is average at best and finding him a role at the NHL level will be tough. Does he have enough offense to be a top-6 guy ? is he good enough defensively to be on a 3rd or 4th line ? All questions that lead him to go undrafted last year. The added grit was good to see though and i love his speed when he puts pressure on the forecheck.

Newfoundland

Jun 19, 2016
Newfoundland
He had a good season, work hard and played with more grit. Hockey IQ is average at best and finding him a role at the NHL level will be tough. Does he have enough offense to be a top-6 guy ? is he good enough defensively to be on a 3rd or 4th line ? All questions that lead him to go undrafted last year. The added grit was good to see though and i love his speed when he puts pressure on the forecheck.

Any chance he will be a late rounder?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
seeing as how many rookies we had in the lineup this year for the Hawks, and how we might need a few more next year, I believe Noel is in the AHL next year likely with DeBrincat - we will need the bodies and he will get playing time if he sticks.

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
what happened to this guy? Went from bonafide top 3 for his age in the world to a 3rd line checking forward in major junior at 20 years of age

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
what happened to this guy? Went from bonafide top 3 for his age in the world to a 3rd line checking forward in major junior at 20 years of age

No he didn't, he was never even close to top 3 in the world.

He was severely overrated due to playing in NFLD and receiving the "talented Atlantic Canadian" over-hype.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad