C Matthew Savoie - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2022, 9th, BUF, traded to EDM) - PART 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
No, that's who he is.

He's not NHL ready, he's not a feisty player. It's a big jump to go from the WHL to the pros, especially for a small player.

I think anyone who expected him to have an impactful camp and be ready to contribute at the NHL got stuck in his pre-draft hype.
Never really got this trade from an oilers perspective.
Sure he's got a higher ceiling than McLeod but oilers are in a win now mode and the oilers look slow so far this season throughout the lineup and their bottom six is shit.

I think it's fair to say he's a boom/bust type prospect and the way I see it is when a team is willing to give up such a high draft pick two years after being drafted for a 3C, makes me think the sabres brass are worried his game might not translate at the pro level?

I'm sure many oiler fans will disagree but they aren't a better team because of this trade and are in fact worse and for a team that's win now, cup or bust, I just dont get this trade.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
No, that's who he is.

He's not NHL ready, he's not a feisty player. It's a big jump to go from the WHL to the pros, especially for a small player.

I think anyone who expected him to have an impactful camp and be ready to contribute at the NHL got stuck in his pre-draft hype.
It's surprising because he had a great camp last year with us and looked like he earned a spot before the injury

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad