Prospect Info: C Markus Loponen #155 2024 NHL Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
1719685666595.png

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Skipping Kiviharju to take a random CHL kid in the fourth round, skipping the 51-goal Poirier to take a Finnish U20 kid in the fifth round. I don't want any Finns to be taken by us, but if we're going to, why not get the ones with the most promise at least?

Last edited:

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Skipping Kiviharju to take a made-up CHL kid in the fourth round, skipping the 51-goal Poirier to take a Finnish U20 kid in the fifth round. I don't want any Finns to be taken by us, but if we're going to, why not get the ones with the most promise at least?

So many ppl would complain about the Jets taking Poirier due to his 5'7" height. I agree with you though, I have no issue with undersized players. They have a higher ceiling than 6'7"+ players.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Skipping Kiviharju to take a random CHL kid in the fourth round, skipping the 51-goal Poirier to take a Finnish U20 kid in the fifth round. I don't want any Finns to be taken by us, but if we're going to, why not get the ones with the most promise at least?
Why don't you want any players from Finland? I don't care where they are from as long as they are good picks and want to be a Winnipeg Jet .

Reactions: mattihp

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Why don't you want any players from Finland? I don't care where they are from as long as they are good picks and want to be a Winnipeg Jet .
Probably track record. Laine was an odd bird that couldn't fit in with Scheif and Wheeler, Vesalainen couldn't get it together, Niku never learned to play defense and Heinola has no confidence after he was sent down in 21-22 when he probably thought he had played well enough to stay up.

Two guys who who didn't learn enough and two guys who struggle with confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad