C Marco Kasper (2022, 8th, DET)

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Got his first NHL point on the weekend. He should absolutely be staying in the NHL but he was recalled under emergency conditions so who knows if he stays up.

He looked a lot like a young Larkin out there. Really fast, chaos created on the forecheck and some skill to go with it.

He should be in the NHL for good but we'll see what happens

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Got his first NHL point on the weekend. He should absolutely be staying in the NHL but he was recalled under emergency conditions so who knows if he stays up.

He looked a lot like a young Larkin out there. Really fast, chaos created on the forecheck and some skill to go with it.

He should be in the NHL for good but we'll see what happens
I don't think he plays the game anything like Larkin, but he certainly looks promising.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I don't think he plays the game anything like Larkin, but he certainly looks promising.
Really? I think he looks especially like a young Larkin out there. Uses his speed and ability to skate for zone entries and plays both ways. Really good on the forecheck, creates a lot of havoc that way.

All comparisons aren't perfect but I don't think you're going to find many better ones for Kasper

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
Really? I think he looks especially like a young Larkin out there. Uses his speed and ability to skate for zone entries and plays both ways. Really good on the forecheck, creates a lot of havoc that way.

All comparisons aren't perfect but I don't think you're going to find many better ones for Kasper
I think the key differences is Larkin was a better shot, Kasper is more of a high speed wrecking ball? Kid doesn't shy away from taking and initiating contact.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I don’t think he had the top gear Larkin has or the acceleration. It has been getting better, but I don’t see him as that kind of skater. Now Kasper has a lot more jam, but I don’t think he has the same fear factor around his speed as Larkin at all.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
He's got similar compete level as Larkin, but Larkin is a much better shooter and is faster whereas Kasper is stronger and much more of a pest. Let's see if he can get to Larkin's level, that would be huge for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad