C/LW Matvei Guskov - Dynamo Moscow, KHL (2019, 149th, MIN)

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
Guskov has a heck of a shot and picks his spots. He hasn't always been paired with playmakers, so his chances have been limited some games. But he knows how to finish. His goals have mostly come from his sniping.

Tenkkapoo

Jul 28, 2020
Is this a new trend? Russians who left to play junior hockey to North America return back to Russia before they turn 25? I certainly hope so!

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Is this a new trend? Russians who left to play junior hockey to North America return back to Russia before they turn 25? I certainly hope so!

Well there is a pandemic going on, not like there's currently many other places to play..

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
I find it pretty funny that son of MHL’s president returned to Russia closer to the middle of the season. He believed that waiting for the start of OHL is better than playing in MHL-VHL (he is not KHL level player at the moment)

Reactions: kp61c

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I find it pretty funny that son of MHL’s president returned to Russia closer to the middle of the season. He believed that waiting for the start of OHL is better than playing in MHL-VHL (he is not KHL level player at the moment)
Guskov Sr. is a pretty dumb and stubborn dude. But then again, he is a former player:)

In my book he is fired yesterday just for that thing with his son. He of all people is not free to choose. He is, when he is not working for the MHL. Not everything is fine within the FHR and KHL structure. We know that.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hopefully this won't impact Matvei Petrov reporting to North Bay. It'd be disappointing to see a top pick in the import draft get wasted.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
His production over the least few years leaves alot to be desired. Reminds me of Alexey Lipanov, Koltygin is another in that he had 1 or 2 decent international tournaments when younger which led to them getting drafted but they never really progressed after the age of 16/17. Those two way Centers for Russia seem like a dream but they haven't been working out. Rubtsov looks to be another bust

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Funny? I'd say that it is hypocritical. His father holds some post in the mhl and loves to hype the league when he himself sent his son to the chl at the first opportunity.
There is some karma in it that his son is a bust.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Hoping he decides to come back over and play with the Wild when his KHL deal expires in '23.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
nice quick pair of hands on that goal, though #53 on the other team could've been a lot better job covering him.
Someone could have done something better on the conceding team every time the goal is scored, that's how hockey works.

Reactions: AKL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad