C Luca Del Bel Belluz, Mississauga Steeheads, OHL (2022, 44th, CBJ)

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Why though? It makes no sense for a 20 yr old kid playing well at the professional level to go back down and play against kids... To what? Get a handful more games in? Seems extremely unlikely.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Why though? It makes no sense for a 20 yr old kid playing well at the professional level to go back down and play against kids... To what? Get a handful more games in? Seems extremely unlikely.
Because he is missing every second game because Cleveland doesn’t have the room.

In Saginaw he would be a primary piece to a memorial cup team, playing every game in the process. That’s why.

There is a chance he goes back, thus why he got traded.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I don't know if that's encouraging then because this is his only point in the playoffs, in 1C minutes?
I can't seem to actually find his TOI anywhere...I've just been going off of what articles i can find from Hedger or those in the system. Granted it should be taken with a major grain of salt, and obviously points are everything. I would imagine if he truly is getting 1C time and he's not really getting buried (+2 in the playoffs thus far) that is generally is a positive outlook for a 20 year old in his first year pro.

I'm not necessarily saying we should be looking to move him up to the NHL next season, just that for his first year in the AHL, it's a good sign that he's been taking on more and more responsibility as the season has progressed. And if he's truly gained the trust of Vogelhuber in such a short time that's a pretty good indication as well.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I can't seem to actually find his TOI anywhere...I've just been going off of what articles i can find from Hedger or those in the system. Granted it should be taken with a major grain of salt, and obviously points are everything. I would imagine if he truly is getting 1C time and he's not really getting buried (+2 in the playoffs thus far) that is generally is a positive outlook for a 20 year old in his first year pro.

I'm not necessarily saying we should be looking to move him up to the NHL next season, just that for his first year in the AHL, it's a good sign that he's been taking on more and more responsibility as the season has progressed. And if he's truly gained the trust of Vogelhuber in such a short time that's a pretty good indication as well.

Yes, regardless, I'm very very encouraged with how far LDDB has come in the last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad