C Liam Foudy - London Knights, OHL (2018, 18th, CBJ)

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Liam is interesting, I think he'll be a winger at the next level and if his upper body catches up to his lower body he would have unreal physical talents. He could be one of those guys that actually plays better at higher levels (Josh Anderson) where the game is faster or he could be a Cogliano type where his speed atleast allows him to be a reliable 3rd liner/PKer
Have always been a believer that a Cogliano/Chimera type of player would be his floor based on feet. Upside if the hands catch up to the feet....

Gilliage

Nov 16, 2018
Players who score 0.6 points per game in the CHL during their first-time eligible draft year have no business being selected anywhere near the first round. The historical success rate of those players is abysmal. Absolute best case Foudy becomes a fourth liner, the kind of player you can sign for peanuts on the UFA market every summer.
He scored more than a 1 pt per game, when they game him some ice time in the second half of the season. His speed and skating is tops. His hockey scoring touch will only improve as he is not over trained in hockey skill session like so many others (who are all flat lining now).

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Absolutely zero hype for this kid, including from CBJ fans (this includes me). We've all kind of accepted he's a middle/bottom sixer so there is barely any updates or check ups on his development. Here's hoping he has a nice debut and goes back to London and finishes strong to make a push for the CBJ next season

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
No idea how this kid isnt being hyped he looked amazing in his debut and has.tore it up where hes at now. If this was a TOR prospect this thread.would.be over 40pgs of praise and blue chip talk.
But hes not a Tor prospect or a blue chip prospect. Hes good and maybe better than some give him credit for but very unlikely to ever become top line talent. Sometimes Ill go peek on the London page and see what they have to say about him if Im starving for updates on how he looks.
Im am looking forward to seeing if he can improve his shot though, would go a long way in helping his offense at higher levels

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
No idea how this kid isnt being hyped he looked amazing in his debut and has.tore it up where hes at now. If this was a TOR prospect this thread.would.be over 40pgs of praise and blue chip talk.
The Toronto homers you complain about are exactly what you are being right now. Dude is not a blue chip, could be a second liner one day maybe.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Never said he was a blue chip... read what i said... I said THEY would be hyping him. I see him as a dynamic 2nd liner maybe the 2c we.need. not a blue chip. Im just saying our prospects are never hyped by anyone even our own fans.
But hes not a Tor prospect or a blue chip prospect. Hes good and maybe better than some give him credit for but very unlikely to ever become top line talent. Sometimes Ill go peek on the London page and see what they have to say about him if Im starving for updates on how he looks.
Im am looking forward to seeing if he can improve his shot though, would go a long way in helping his offense at higher levels

The Toronto homers you complain about are exactly what you are being right now. Dude is not a blue chip, could be a second liner one day maybe.

Reactions: KristichBabych

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Glad he's playing well, but I still don't see him as more than a 3rd line two way guy. 30+ point player. Valuable to have and worth his pick placement.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Glad he's playing well, but I still don't see him as more than a 3rd line two way guy. 30+ point player. Valuable to have and worth his pick placement.

just not sure how you can say this/what your basing this opinion off of. I am 95 percent sure you've never saw him play outside of world juniors/social media/youtube highlights/the few games he has played with us this year. Are you basing your opinion off of stat watching? genuinely curious.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
just not sure how you can say this/what your basing this opinion off of. I am 95 percent sure you've never saw him play outside of world juniors/social media/youtube highlights/the few games he has played with us this year. Are you basing your opinion off of stat watching? genuinely curious.

I read a lot of what fans of the London Knights post here, in their board, on twitter, and in our prospect thread as well as what scouts write about him. There is genuinely ZERO hype around the kid outside of the Blue Jacket fanbase, and even here there isn't much. Not even Jarmo hypes him up, as he opted to talk about three other prospects as untouchable without mentioning Foudy (Marchenko, Voronkov, and Tarasov was mentioned as prospects everyone was asking about.)

All scouts say the same thing. He will be a good not great NHLer, and will likely never be a scorer at the next level. His best asset is his speed, but he doesn't have great skill. I haven't watched him much with my own eyes, but I'm more willing to trust the outlooks of people who get paid to evaluate talent. I liked what I saw when he played his two games up here and at the WJC, he was better than I expected, but even then I didn't see some future scorer.

Can he defy the odds and be a top 6 forward, or better? (as you seem to imply he will?) Sure, and I would obviously welcome that. Scouts are wrong all the time. But I am fairly comfortable in my projection. He's not as good of a prospect as Texier, and he wasn't much to talk about this year after a lot of hype.

There is nothing wrong with a 30 point do it all third line player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad