C Joe Connor - Avon Old Farms, USHS (2024, 195th, TB)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Real gritty type of center. Battles in the corners and goes to the net. Pretty physical also for his size. Only about 5'10. He skates at about an average level for his size. Probably only a late round pick and I don't think he's that skilled or has the best hockey sense, but I think he's a pick for 2023.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Led the brick tournament in scoring in 14-15

It’s almost hilarious looking at the players in that tournament. I think well over 50% of team canada at the Hlinka played there.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I liked how he looked in his stint in the USHL.

I thought he showed some top-end skill and high intelligence in the craftiness of his game. His subtle and quick touches to keep the play going forward were impressive. His acceleration looked effective in transition and when hunting for stealing opportunities, but his top-end speed needs to get quicker for his size.

His play seemed to fall off a bit after a hot start, but I look forward to seeing how he adapts to the USHL next year.

Reactions: MichaelFarrell

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Still a fan of Connor. He had great chemistry with Matvei Gridin this year, both seemed to really feed off of each year and show off their respective high offensive IQs. I like his puck control in tight spots and his quick decisions under pressure, there's a lot of subtleties to his game that I think translate to higher levels.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Congrats Joe. Nice to see a prep boy get drafted.

Little bit undersized for the pro game but the kid definitely has a knack for scoring. Excited to see how things play out for him.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad