C Jett Luchanko - Guelph Storm, OHL (2024, 13th, PHI)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I can’t understate my disappointment enough.

I think this rivals passing on Caufield for me.

Luchanko isn’t even in the same universe as Buium. What a joke
If I remember correctly Giroux wasn’t an extremely popular pick. I’m disappointed too but the kid is young, tested off the charts physically, is a 200 ft player, and has a high IQ I’m told. Next year will tell the upside

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
His CHL stats don't impress me, that's the one thing I can say for sure. I mean PPG+ isn't terrible but it's pretty common when kids are 1.5PPG+ at this age.

Rebel247

Mar 19, 2022
Few times I saw him play, he seems like a good fit for the type of system, the flyers are trying to play. Fast, attacking forechecking. Off the charts physical traits for his age.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
He should be gone by 20....this kid is the sneaky 1st rounder who could be huge / or do absolutely nothing at the NHL level.
Since the Flyers picked him, I am pretty sure he will do nothing. Look at our great development history! We can take any player and make sure he does not live up to his peak ability. Probably a 3rd or 4th line center taken at a spot where you need to get at least a 2nd line center.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
If I remember correctly Giroux wasn’t an extremely popular pick. I’m disappointed too but the kid is young, tested off the charts physically, is a 200 ft player, and has a high IQ I’m told. Next year will tell the upside
He scored a shit ton in his draft year

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Well you said it was pretty common...yet no one did it this year. Or last year. That doesn't really make it all that common.

You're still wrong. This kid is even younger than him...

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
You're still wrong. This kid is even younger than him...

Ok, you named ONE guy (which still doesn't make it common) and he still hasn't hit 1.5 PPG. And that one guy you mentioned got exceptional status, so again, hardly a common thing.

So STILL nobody.

Reactions: Rebel247

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
His CHL stats don't impress me, that's the one thing I can say for sure. I mean PPG+ isn't terrible but it's pretty common when kids are 1.5PPG+ at this age.
It's easy to pad your CHL stats when you're on top teams, its what you do when you're on the bottom half of the league where scouts find gems. I love this kid, called the pick back in May after Buttons list dropped. He will be feeding Michkov on that power play for years to come.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
It's easy to pad your CHL stats when you're on top teams, its what you do when you're on the bottom half of the league where scouts find gems. I love this kid, called the pick back in May after Buttons list dropped. He will be feeding Michkov on that power play for years to come.
He's also super young. August 2006 birthday.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Evergreen

The Hockey News listed William Karlsson as a comparable.

I’ve always believed the draft is a bit of a crapshoot and the consensus isn’t necessarily right. It’s time to test my faith in that I guess
History shows us that the consensus often isn't right, but people still treat it like gospel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad