C Jett Luchanko - Guelph Storm, OHL (2024, 13th, PHI)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Soooo, we should mention that he absolutely killed the combine.
Yup. And the height/weight was also a big part of it. With players like him, there's a big concern that he's smaller than advertised (i.e. not big but not undersized). He isn't.

I think he's a better fit on teams who do not place all traditional center responsibilities on centers. That was one thing I really appreciated about how Barry Trotz coached. Ah well.

Anyway, as a NYI fan he's who I want NYI to draft at 20. NYI have had so few picks over the last few years, and they absolutely cannot afford to waste one. It's easy to see he's got hockey sense. The combine proved he's a good athlete, and not too small. The scouting reports say he's a good two way player. He's on the young side. imo that all adds up to a high floor - a safe pick. And not necessarily with a low ceiling.

Reactions: Dominance

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
He should be gone by 20....this kid is the sneaky 1st rounder who could be huge / or do absolutely nothing at the NHL level.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
He’s got a lot of potential to be a solid but undersized 3rd line center ala Pageau, Daneault, Gourde. I don’t think he’s going to be a huge point getter but 40-50 points a season in his prime and plays like a buzzsaw seems about right.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
He will be gone before 26.. this draft is short on center prospects and this kid had a wonderful U18s.
I dunno. There are like 20 guys that could be drafted 20-30. someone has to drop.
He's one of the reasons I hope the Flames keep their late 1st.

Reactions: jfhabs

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I dunno. There are like 20 guys that could be drafted 20-30. someone has to drop.
He's one of the reasons I hope the Flames keep their late 1st.
This and Europeans are most often ranked lower than they are picked by journalist/blogs etc

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I think he goes closer to 15 than 25

While considered undersized, he doesn't play like it but he's also close to 190 at 5'11 and one of the strongest kids in the class.

This is a Sidney Crosby frame, add the skating and skill and the package suddenly gets very appealing in a draft where the center position might be a weakness

Not sure when he'll be drafter. Rankings have him anywhere from the 20s to the 50s.
Depending on who's there, I wouldn't mind the Habs taking him 26th.
With rumors about us wanting to trade down. From 26, he'd 100% be my target if available at around 16-18

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think Chicago takes him at 18

I suspect they take Levshunov at #2

Ideally a top pair RD and a 2nd line centre, big building blocks.

I'd consider him for Toronto too as we have nothing coming at centre really, Minten on his back day is likely a 3C

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I think he goes closer to 15 than 25

While considered undersized, he doesn't play like it but he's also close to 190 at 5'11 and one of the strongest kids in the class.

This is a Sidney Crosby frame, add the skating and skill and the package suddenly gets very appealing in a draft where the center position might be a weakness

With rumors about us wanting to trade down. From 26, he'd 100% be my target if available at around 16-18
I think to trade down it has to be a scenario where there are just a few names left on your list approaching 20-22, don't think we can realistically move up to 16-18 from 26

DemiGod

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022

I'd consider him for Toronto too as we have nothing coming at centre really, Minten on his back day is likely a 3C
Pick 2: Levshunov
Pick 18: Boisvert, Hage or Luchanko
imo

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

It’s clear the Hawks have been highly prioritizing skating ability with their picks lately so them picking Luchanko would make a lot of sense. As a Blues fan, I’d hate that. I fully expect him to pop and have a big D+1 year. Reminds me a lot of a Nick Suzuki or Robert Thomas.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com
It’s clear the Hawks have been highly prioritizing skating ability with their picks lately so them picking Luchanko would make a lot of sense. As a Blues fan, I’d hate that. I fully expect him to pop and have a big D+1 year. Reminds me a lot of a Nick Suzuki or Robert Thomas.
I also think he will have a big year next year. Huge fan of this player. 12th on our list. No huge weakness in his game and one of the smartest players in this draft class.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I also think he will have a big year next year. Huge fan of this player. 12th on our list. No huge weakness in his game and one of the smartest players in this draft class.

I had held out hope the Habs would be able to trade up from 26th OA to get him, as I think he's the kind of player they have been targeting in trades. Was very impressed with the speed and playmaking in the little I saw of him.

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County
I just came here to praise this prospect for his strong grip! Jokes aside I like the tenacity and think he is top six upside and is trending well especially because he's super young for the draft class.

Reactions: Blueston

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I just came here to praise this prospect for his strong grip! Jokes aside I like the tenacity and think he is top six upside and is trending well especially because he's super young for the draft class.
He’s gonna be good. Next year he’s going to be one of the big breakout players probably in the west. Showed a lot of potential this year. Still a few years out from playing in the NHL obviously but he is a player I definitely see having a high ceiling.

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com
I had held out hope the Habs would be able to trade up from 26th OA to get him, as I think he's the kind of player they have been targeting in trades. Was very impressed with the speed and playmaking in the little I saw of him.
My guess is he is exactly who they want and why they want to trade up to the middle of the first round. I expect he will be drafted earlier than some think.

Reactions: montreal

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
As a disappointed Flyers fan, someone make me feel better
Jett Luchenko has excellent speed., as his name implies. He's got a high hockey IQ that is matched with his motor. Plays a solid 200 foot game already for Guelph. His biggest offensive strength is his playmaking. Sounds like an excellent pairing with a certain rookie winger coming over.

While I was expecting to get Helenius, Luchenko might be the more dynamic fit for Michkov. I hope this helps

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Jett Luchenko has excellent speed., as his name implies. He's got a high hockey IQ that is matched with his motor. Plays a solid 200 foot game already for Guelph. His biggest offensive strength is his playmaking. Sounds like an excellent pairing with a certain rookie winger coming over.

While I was expecting to get Helenius, Luchenko might be the more dynamic fit for Michkov. I hope this helps
I’ve always believed the draft is a bit of a crapshoot and the consensus isn’t necessarily right. It’s time to test my faith in that I guess

Reactions: TheCrease

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad