C Jay O'Brien - Charlotte Checkers, AHL (2018, 19th, PHI released)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Well, I hope he plays prettier than his name. Jay O'Brien is just an ugly name.

Nah, it reminds me of Brian O'Conner.

39YNKzZR_400x400.jpg

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Pierre's favorite d'année.

Pierre was on TSN Montreal radio a week or so ago. He was touting a New England prep school prospect who would go much higher than most people were projecting. Pierre declined to name O'Brien by name, but by process of elimination it was more than like O'Brien.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Providence kinda blows but it'll be fun to see how he does in the NCAA. Think he'll have an immediate impact.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
yeah..... 5 straight NCAA tourney appearances, ranked within the top 15 every year, Nat. title in 2015, multiple guys breaking into NHL line-ups ever year, etc - yup a struggling program
Talking about their lineup. I'm well aware it's among the top programs.

Reactions: Frannel

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Good for Philly!

The clip isn't that impressive thought.

Nice steal with strong work along the boards in a partial 2v1. Kept the puck away from all 3 opponents.

Not much flash, but this is good work from a pick out of high school. The knock on O'Brien is that he's a "project" because he comes from a high school league. This clip shows off an advanced approach that has success at the NHL level.

Anyway, I agree that it's not impressive. Maybe encouraging is a better word?

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I kept being drawn to him watching the wjss. The kid has an innate ability to postively effect play even outside his direct contributions. Good positioning. Flyers got a good one here.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Could anyone who follows Providence share how O'Brien has looked early on and where he needs to improve? His stat line through 4 games isn't impressive, and I wonder if it's reflective of his overall play and readiness.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Could anyone who follows Providence share how O'Brien has looked early on and where he needs to improve? His stat line through 4 games isn't impressive, and I wonder if it's reflective of his overall play and readiness.

He has been hurt and hasnt played in a few games.

TLP

Apr 9, 2018
According to schedule he has played 4 of their 5 games.
4 games
0 goals
0 assists
It’s not easy .........

Reactions: NJ DevLolz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad