C Jack Drury - Vaxjo, SHL (2018, 42nd, CAR)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
His rookie season in the AHL

6 points shy of 30 play-off points
4 points shy of 80 points in total

all this as a rookie is super impressive
doing it as an 21 year old rookie...

crazy stuff

scored last season 10 goals, 21 assists, 31 points in 41 games in the SHL
in the regular season, another 5 goals, 6 assists, 11 points in 14
play-offs games and scored 3 goals for team USA at the words

= 18 goals, 27 assists, 45 points

Now looking at his rookie season in the AHL,
we shouldn't have been surprised

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Last rookie to score more than 9 goals and 24 points or more
Jamie Benn, 2010. (14+12 in 24 games)

Drury scored 24 points in 18 play-offs games

- both were the same age, but Drury had better ppg -

2008 - Alex Goligoski, 23 - 28 points (4 goals) in 23 games
2005 - Jeff Carter, 20 - 23 points (12 goals) in 21 games

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Helluva season for JDrury, 20, still going strong in the AHL.

29 goals, 74 points, +19 with 71 penalty minutes
236 shots on goal
His rookie season in the AHL

6 points shy of 30 play-off points
4 points shy of 80 points in total
AHL website and EP has him listed as having 52 pts in 68 games in the regular season.

Where are you seeing those point totals?

Edit - Oh, appears you are adding his Reg season + playoff pts

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
Nine points in his last 13 games after going 1 in 15 to start the year

Finally coming along it seems, how has he been Canes fans?
The points are finally coming for him. In my personal opinion he is the replacement for Jordan Staal. I kinda wish Staal retired last offseason so Ponomarev could come up and play on the 4th line. Ponomarev is also a defensive forward who can put up points. His path is pretty crazy considering he was never a point per game player at the junior level, but in the AHL his pace is still solid scoring at a .76 rate in 89 games. Carolina could be set at 3rd and 4th center with Drury and Ponomarev playing a defensively solid game.

Reactions: De Montreal

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Nine points in his last 13 games after going 1 in 15 to start the year

Finally coming along it seems, how has he been Canes fans?
He's had some more puck luck lately after hitting several posts earlier in the year. I was very high on him as a prospect but haven't seen much from him in the NHL that tells me he has a ceiling much higher than a replaceable 3rd line C. Still a nice player to have but I could see him being a trade piece for a trade with a team that sees him as having more upside.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Agreed. I don't see Drury as a top 6 regular, but stranger things have happened. A lot of his point streak coincides with the Canes putting top forward talent on the 4th line. A lot of games lately Drury has played with Stefan Noesen and Martin Necas. Those two are for sure the line drivers and Drury is more or less making the simple play and gaining points because of it.

Reactions: De Montreal

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
He's had some more puck luck lately after hitting several posts earlier in the year. I was very high on him as a prospect but haven't seen much from him in the NHL that tells me he has a ceiling much higher than a replaceable 3rd line C. Still a nice player to have but I could see him being a trade piece for a trade with a team that sees him as having more upside.

Points keep coming

The last couple weeks he's been playing with a ton of confidence and not only points coming but he has started to show me more flashes than I had seen previously. He has legitimately looked great all around, and he had yet another goal called back yesterday. My post up there was just 16 days ago but I'm already starting to change my tune a little bit. Still don't expect him to become a legit 2C or anything but he has been flashing and could become a great 3C. I still suspect he could become a trade piece pretty soon. Not much opportunity for him here with Aho, Kotkaniemi and Staal all ahead of him for the next several years. And Ponomaryov is ready to easily backfill him as the 4C in Carolina. But hey he could prove me wrong and get a chance to prove himself as the 2C with Kotkaniemi injured and ineffective lately.

Reactions: geehaad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad