C Ivan Ryabkin - MHK Dynamo Moscow, MHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
You said he’s “not a Michkov/Demidov level of prospect”. If Ryabkin is not a Demidov level of prospect then Demidov is not a Michkov level of prospect. In my opinion if I were choosing the players right now I would take Michkov first and then have a hard time choosing between Demidov and Ryabkin.
Should’ve said that from the start instead of whatever you tried about the habs.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Ryabkin actually spent some time training in New York this off-season. He has the same agent as Shesterkin.

Scion

May 25, 2012
So is he the best Russian C prospect since Malkin?
Can't really remember many other natural centers taken out of Russia in the top 5.

Who is his competition? Kuznetsov is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Who is his competition? Kuznetsov is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Kuznetsov wasn't even a natural center, he started to play the position in the NHL...

But overall more and more coming top Russian prospects are centers: Ryabkin, Shilov, Perevalov.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I doubt this happens but the Habs released their draft video and there were some people in the room that felt with how he played centre in spot duties, he might be able to develop there.

But as of right now, he's a winger so is obviously and rightfully excluded from the discussion.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I doubt this happens but the Habs released their draft video and there were some people in the room that felt with how he played centre in spot duties, he might be able to develop there.

But as of right now, he's a winger so is obviously and rightfully excluded from the discussion.

Wrong thread? Because It's about Ryabkin not Demidov.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
So is he the best Russian C prospect since Malkin?
Can't really remember many other natural centers taken out of Russia in the top 5.
I think Mikhail Grigorenko was trending that way but in his draft year he came over and then got drafted 12th and never lived up to his potential.

Reactions: Flynn84

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
Ryabkin is already quite popular and signing his jersey for some fans:

f6jSr2ohTUS06xbDikmRq_heqIfoWCH1okH0U1To4EyxSvkQVGzxIj3oSoN6nYiuaO663AiSEiW0etFdy_WN7uWv_3L3sd0KdcHwghNHWbGvlm-FYJh-1LwG4NR3cpbnX2AUtfw1AnO_R2kZI0mP4_ReNLLSdbi7zf-z2QHT7QGUwh-VwmE6zB0lpTMmqe1eVkcoCfw-uCecj4ey1oIJlfFyXzL1CtAypHAQhXs3XXBHCn2GZm78XTOTxvCr2PUFubeHeDhB6mqM416aLZF12skalabmuUxMUrx0HMrjWuaV5COBS7HybJOYCHB9M8HAcroBjCGsCY_cnX6Kj3AqeA.jpg

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
If he scores at the same level as Demidov in his last MHL season or close to it, I doubt anybody will start downplaying it becase it's vs juniors...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If he scores at the same level as Demidov in his last MHL season or close to it, I doubt anybody will start downplaying it becase it's vs juniors...
Prob has more to do with people comparing Demidov to michkov but michkov doing it in KHL

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I mean people said Demidov wasn't good because he played in the "terrible" MHL.
Come on man. "Until Demidov proves himself against men, there will be risk in his projection" =/= Demidov is bad. Don't be obtuse.

The same questions will apply to Ryabkin if he stays in the MHL the full year. And the same question applies to any CHLer who plays a juniors-style game like Sennecke, Catton, etc.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad