C Ivan Ryabkin - MHK Dynamo Moscow, MHL (2025 Draft)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Flyers fan delving into 2025 draft here. To those that have seen more of Ryankin: how high could this guy go next year? Top 5? Top 10?

I think right now the only player who will be definitely picked before him is Hagens. Misa is debatable. Of course the next season can change a lot. I personally hope Ryabkin will see some KHL minutes, but even better if they send him to VHL to play top6 minutes.

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
Looks like we've waited for Russia's next elite center. At first glance, he has everything to compete for the #1 overall. But Hagens now looks like the one who won't miss out on #1. Ryabkin is a strong candidate for the top 3, but it all depends on his draft season.

Reactions: JLeroyFoster10832

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I’ll call it right now - Ryabkin goes 1st overall.
1720113414979.png

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007

Thanks for sharing. Observations from just this one game:
  • + Strong, physical forechecker (great 1st period hit, great 2nd period hit + assist to Ivanov), generally willing to mix it up, which was great. was getting under the other team's skin.
  • + Good in the dot
  • + Second period hooking call was BS, that was a fine stick lift imho. And the roughing call was also BS, just defending his keeper there and a little extra after the whistle. Both of those were positive plays in my eyes.
  • + generally willing to drive to the net off puck and go to the dirty areas.
  • + Really great pass on the second Ivanov goal, knew he was there and made the blind backhand.
  • - This play showed his playstyle I saw all game, which isn't necessarily a pure negative, but he's often (strategically?) a step or two behind play. Sometimes that gives him a chance to break up a play when the opposition pulls up looking for a trailer, sometimes he is carrying into the zone (like on the second goal), gives it up, and lets his winger do something (shot -> blocked), and he picks up the loose puck and makes a new play with it.
  • - Just means the play often has to come to him, and means that sometimes he disappears in shifts as he's not incorrectly positioned, just a step or two behind where you might really want him as an active participant (both on O and D). In contrast to Demidov who is very often making the zone entry / driving the goalscoring opportunity, this just seems a little more passive as a style.
  • + That said, this changed on the PP in the third (17:34) where he took charge, brought the puck in, set up, then actively called for the puck on weakside and sniped the short side corner from the top of the circle. Great shot, great shift.
  • - a few times where while cycling in OZ (or on a breakout in DZ), he didn't really move out of the way to create space for his wing with the puck, and created a jam. Like he didn't know where to go to continue the cycle / present a realistic option with the puck.
Overall, a "quiet" 1G/2A in this game. Ivanov "popped" more but Ryabkin had himself a solid game and clearly created 3 of 4 goals.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Thanks for sharing. Observations from just this one game:
  • + Strong, physical forechecker (great 1st period hit, great 2nd period hit + assist to Ivanov), generally willing to mix it up, which was great. was getting under the other team's skin.
  • + Good in the dot
  • + Second period hooking call was BS, that was a fine stick lift imho. And the roughing call was also BS, just defending his keeper there and a little extra after the whistle. Both of those were positive plays in my eyes.
  • + generally willing to drive to the net off puck and go to the dirty areas.
  • + Really great pass on the second Ivanov goal, knew he was there and made the blind backhand.
  • - This play showed his playstyle I saw all game, which isn't necessarily a pure negative, but he's often (strategically?) a step or two behind play. Sometimes that gives him a chance to break up a play when the opposition pulls up looking for a trailer, sometimes he is carrying into the zone (like on the second goal), gives it up, and lets his winger do something (shot -> blocked), and he picks up the loose puck and makes a new play with it.
  • - Just means the play often has to come to him, and means that sometimes he disappears in shifts as he's not incorrectly positioned, just a step or two behind where you might really want him as an active participant (both on O and D). In contrast to Demidov who is very often making the zone entry / driving the goalscoring opportunity, this just seems a little more passive as a style.
  • + That said, this changed on the PP in the third (17:34) where he took charge, brought the puck in, set up, then actively called for the puck on weakside and sniped the short side corner from the top of the circle. Great shot, great shift.
  • - a few times where while cycling in OZ (or on a breakout in DZ), he didn't really move out of the way to create space for his wing with the puck, and created a jam. Like he didn't know where to go to continue the cycle / present a realistic option with the puck.
Overall, a "quiet" 1G/2A in this game. Ivanov "popped" more but Ryabkin had himself a solid game and clearly created 3 of 4 goals.
Reminds me of Max Domi stylistically. Soft hands with a physical edge

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
As is tradition now for Russians, he'll be the 2nd or 3rd best player in the draft who falls to 5th or later
Lol, you’re not wrong though.

I was thinking about it, he’s not a Demidov/Michkov level of prospect even if i feel he should be ranked pretty high so with Demidov going 5 and Michkov 7, a team could potentially have a go at this kid around 7-8-9 overall.

he has 2 more years on his contract after his draft year.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Lol, you’re not wrong though.

I was thinking about it, he’s not a Demidov/Michkov level of prospect even if i feel he should be ranked pretty high so with Demidov going 5 and Michkov 7, a team could potentially have a go at this kid around 7-8-9 overall.

he has 2 more years on his contract after his draft year.
Sorry how is he not a Demidov-level prospect? Because he’s not drafted by the Habs?

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Sorry how is he not a Demidov-level prospect? Because he’s not drafted by the Habs?
He’s also not drafted by the Flyers. What is this supposed to mean?

I know Demidov is a Hab so he’s suddenly not good anymore in the mind of other teams fans, but c’mon.

It is known that Ryabkin isn’t quite that level of prospect. He has great high end qualities just not at the level of those i named. You don’t need to be offended. Point of the post was that he could very well be available past the top 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: viceroy

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Michkov>Demidov>Ryabkin. Now, I believe everything can change. Ryabkin still looks god to be drafted by 4-6 picks and he is a center so who knows. May be Detroit will have awful year and finally will draft their future 1C in Ryabkin. They have huge team/pool of prospects on different positions but one center with truth first line driving potential would put this team on a much higher level.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I know Demidov is a Hab so he’s suddenly not good anymore in the mind of other teams fans, but c’mon.

It is known that Ryabkin isn’t quite that level of prospect. He has great high end qualities just not at the level of those i named. You don’t need to be offended. Point of the post was that he could very well be available past the top 5.
This is an absurd narrative. Anyone paying attention knew he could drop to the 5 range for a multitude of reasons. Your guys fanbase just overhypes its prospects. Anytime anyone points out why he did not get selected until 5 you think that's a slight. He fell for a reason and those reasons are no different pre and post draft. Look at the Wright Slafkovsky threads pre and post draft. Your fanbase is unhinged when it comes to prospects.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind if Ryabkin gets drafted by Montreal the tune will change.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

You've been scouting the MHL extensively? I'm going to guess no.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006

You said he’s “not a Michkov/Demidov level of prospect”. If Ryabkin is not a Demidov level of prospect then Demidov is not a Michkov level of prospect. In my opinion if I were choosing the players right now I would take Michkov first and then have a hard time choosing between Demidov and Ryabkin.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad