C Hunter Haight - Barrie Colts, OHL (2022, 47th, MIN)

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I barely noticed Haight at the Top Prospects game (I even tried re-watching it a month ago to specifically look at him), but I caught a lot of Barrie games late in the year and came away really impressed by Haight. If it weren't for his overall production on the year, I'd have him rated in the first round.

After the lost season a year ago, it might have taken him a while to find his footing in his rookie OHL season, but he has a high-level skill set. His acceleration and quickness at closing on defenders is near the top of the class, and he has great creativity, playmaking, puck skills, he was creating a lot of chances in the games I saw. I think his game could take off next year.

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA
Definitely one of my favorite players to watch in the draft, highlight reel stuff is easy for this kid. Hopefully some of it translates to the next level

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN

Kid looks pretty slick in these clips. Has a good shot.

Put it on display last night a bit too at the development camp scrimmage. He was the only one to beat Wallstedt cleanly, and got him twice in the championship game, both snipes just inside the glove-side corner. Seems to have a very lethal shot.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Wow. Rebirth in Saginaw
No doubt. 8 points in 3 games for Saginaw after having only 9 points in 20 games for Barrie. I caught a couple of his games with Barrie and he looked out of it. Good skill no doubt but very little compete and sense. Very rarely made strong plays with the puck.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
20221209_062811.jpg

I think hes liking Saginaw so far. Another goal and assist last night. At least 2 points in every game played so far with his new club. Creative offensive players seem to flourish in Coach Lazarys system in Saginaw. Next season him and Misa could put up some really gaudy numbers

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Someone who watches Saginaw needs to give me a read on this player. Second round pick in 2022 but the numbers are just very pedestrian. I realize the increase in production after the trade last year was there but he's still just floating around PPG. What kind of role does he play? What is the projection?

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Someone who watches Saginaw needs to give me a read on this player. Second round pick in 2022 but the numbers are just very pedestrian. I realize the increase in production after the trade last year was there but he's still just floating around PPG. What kind of role does he play? What is the projection?
He is one of those players who looks better than his point totals.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Good player. Very proficient all round. Has some grit, not afraid to go to the net. Very coachable player and coaches will love him. Wouldn't say he's elite at anything but his puck handling is good, his vision is good, his playmaking is good and his shot is good. His skating is pretty good, his defensive play is fine for the level he's playing at but will probably need work to stick in the NHL.

Think he projects as someone who can play up and down the lineup and be a swiss army knife. Probably tops out as a middle six tweener unless he improves...something. Lots of things he can improve to become elite. Probably his shot would be my best guess. 40-50 pt guy playing in top 6 upside, great 3rd or 4th liner floor otherwise. He gets a lot of his points by coming off the rush and deking through somebody to create space and get a good shot off but I don't see that working in the NHL.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Haight always stands out to me when I watch Saginaw. First time I saw him play earlier this year a googled him to see if he’d been drafted already. Don’t think there’s top-6 scoring upside but this is a player every team would love to have in their system.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Haight always stands out to me when I watch Saginaw. First time I saw him play earlier this year a googled him to see if he’d been drafted already. Don’t think there’s top-6 scoring upside but this is a player every team would love to have in their system.
It will be interesting to see how he does as he moves up, he has looked good in the training camps with the Wild and plays a very intelligent game. While he doesn’t have one trait that truly shines, beside maybe decision making, he has very few weaknesses and has that level of compete you want to see. I am optimistic that he can carve out a role for himself even if it as more of a Swiss Army knife kind of guy.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Liked him in junior, still like him in his jump to the AHL after watching Iowa against SJ this weekend. Seems like his offense is translating to pro hockey a little better than I expected. Maybe a middle-six winger with a solid B game?

Reactions: slumpy43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad