C Gavin Brindley - University of Michigan, NCAA (2023, 34th, CBJ)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I don't think anyone is arguing for him to be gifted a spot. But a lot of posters who have been following him for a while have the expectation that if he plays the game he's capable of, Evason will have a really hard time sending him to the AHL.

He's going to step in and instantly one of the teams quickest, smartest, and most competitive forwards.
Hes also a kid, how many of them can you bring in at once? Hasnt exactly been working for them although the coaching has been trash tier. I dont think going from a lighter college schedule to an AHL schedule to get used to the grind is a negative. With the way things have been in Columbus he might not even have to wait that long to get a call up

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Hes also a kid, how many of them can you bring in at once? Hasnt exactly been working for them although the coaching has been trash tier. I dont think going from a lighter college schedule to an AHL schedule to get used to the grind is a negative. With the way things have been in Columbus he might not even have to wait that long to get a call up
The point is he's more than talented enough to make the roster out of camp. This isn't Del Bel Belluz who still needs a bit more time in the A, Brindley is a tier above

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
The point is he's more than talented enough to make the roster out of camp. This isn't Del Bel Belluz who still needs a bit more time in the A, Brindley is a tier above

Everyone is agreeing and just quibbling over what a couple individual decision-makers may actually choose to do, on a scale of months. There is no right/wrong here.

Excited to see him on NHL ice in Game 1 or Game 37 or whenever!

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad