C Dominik Kahun (2013 undrafted; UFA signed by CHI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Does he still have NHL potential? Seems to have done well the past 2 seasons so far. 2/3 of his former WJC linemates ( Drasaitl, Reider ) are in the NHL.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Does he still have NHL potential? Seems to have done well the past 2 seasons so far. 2/3 of his former WJC linemates ( Drasaitl, Reider ) are in the NHL.

All the issues with him were not a lack of talent, but a lack of maturity in terms of physicality, toughness, and just overall body strength. I think he is worth a shot for a season or two in NA, but he might eventually come down to one of those players who are really good on the international ice.

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
How would Chicago fans (or anyone who has been watching him) say he has done this season? What are his strengths and weaknesses that you've noticed?

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
It says something that he’s been playing top line with Toews and Saad all year as an undrafted 23 y/o rookie. He’s got good vision for sure.

Reactions: Frannel

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It says something that he’s been playing top line with Toews and Saad all year as an undrafted 23 y/o rookie. He’s got good vision for sure.
It's mostly the fact that we don't have a proper 1RW since Kane plays on the second line. But Kahun is a solid playmaker. He's more suited for a third line role though.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Another month has passed, where does he stand right now Blackhwaks fans? He is on 4th place among rookies in scoring. Do you guys think he could develop into a 2nd line Center on a solid team?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Another month has passed, where does he stand right now Blackhwaks fans? He is on 4th place among rookies in scoring. Do you guys think he could develop into a 2nd line Center on a solid team?
Don't think he has played C all year, most likely stays a winger. Has been playing with Strome and DeBrincat lately and that line has been producing.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He'll likely stay on the wing. We're weak on depth so he's been playing in a top 6 role but ideally he's a guy you'd have on the 3rd line.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
As a few others have said, he'll stay at wing.

Us Hawks fans have enjoyed him on the team. He's one of our best forwards at moving through the neutral zone, he has good hands, decent vision, isn't a liability defensively, and is one of only two players in the league this season who've played in 50 or more games and hasn't gotten a penalty.

His shot is trash though. I've seen enforcers with a harder shot. A poster on HF Hawks joked a game or two ago that his backhand had more power than his forehand, and that's actually probably true. It's what'll keep him from being more than a middle line winger in this league.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
As a few others have said, he'll stay at wing.

Us Hawks fans have enjoyed him on the team. He's one of our best forwards at moving through the neutral zone, he has good hands, decent vision, isn't a liability defensively, and is one of only two players in the league this season who've played in 50 or more games and hasn't gotten a penalty.

His shot is trash though. I've seen enforcers with a harder shot. A poster on HF Hawks joked a game or two ago that his backhand had more power than his forehand, and that's actually probably true. It's what'll keep him from being more than a middle line winger in this league.

He has got 11 goals already though. I believe he might become a consistent 20 to 25 goal scorer in the NHL.

Reactions: teddygmr

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He has got 11 goals already though. I believe he might become a consistent 20 to 25 goal scorer in the NHL.

The last time he scored 20 goals in any level, it was in the DNL.

Considering his usage, he may hit a career high as a rookie being at the right place at the right time.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Considering his usage, he may hit a career high as a rookie being at the right place at the right time.
Yeah he's had some easy tap ins. He hasn't really been sniping those goals.

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany

Yea you are right. I somehow thought he scored more goals in Germany. It's a different kind of hockey in Europe though. But probably I got a bit ahead of myself there lol. In fact this year he will probably have the highest goal total in his career at senior level, just 2 more goals to go. In DEL he was never among the most prolific scorers actually despite playing with with some of the very best players in that league as linemates. His points per game numbers are actually not that far away from what he did in the German league.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I think he's going to get some Lady Byng votes. He won't win but his PIM/gp is very low. Honestly that's such a great trait to have in a player, especially considering how decent he is in his own end and active he is on defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad