C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLBarmada

Not the team McDavid is on, no. He's playing Minor Midget right now, which is where the vast majority of kids get drafted from into the OHL. The Telus Cup is for Midget teams.

What's the difference ?

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
What's the difference ?

This.

Out west we have a different way bantam, midget and WHL drafting is done compared to the east so I would like an answer too.

Ontario has Minor Midget. They seperate 15 year old and 16 year old players. Its like U16 and U18 in the states.

This year, Minor Midget is for all 96's aged players. Midget is for 95,94 and 93 aged players.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
This.

Out west we have a different way bantam, midget and WHL drafting is done compared to the east so I would like an answer too.

I still dont know how WHL teams draft bantam aged players. Its hard enough drafting minor midget aged players, let alone Bantam aged players. My hats off to all the WHL scouts out there.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
It's true, someone explain how the Telus Cup works. Minor Midget in Ontario is the equivalent to Midget AAA in Quebec and to the British Columbia Major Midget League as well as the Alberta Minor Midget Hockey League out west. Same can be said for the other midget leagues for rest of the provinces (NS,NFLD..etc..). I understand some are minor and some are major but the word ''midget'' applies to all, and most of the top midget teams in their respective provinces are compromised of 96's. I guess the lone difference is major midget in Ontario. For the Telus Cup how come we never see the Marlboro's or the Vancouver NE Giants from BC. I'm pretty sure every other province sends their best, it would be interesting if those teams were competing with the others. Would augment the competition that much more.

OOO Nevermind it's regional no wonder ...haha but still would be cool to see each province send one team.

Last edited:

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
It's true, someone explain how the Telus Cup works. Minor Midget in Ontario is the equivalent to Midget AAA in Quebec and to the British Columbia Major Midget League as well as the Alberta Minor Midget Hockey League out west. Same can be said for the other midget leagues for rest of the provinces (NS,NFLD..etc..). I understand some are minor and some are major but the word ''midget'' applies to all, and most of the top midget teams in their respective provinces are compromised of 96's. I guess the lone difference is major midget in Ontario. For the Telus Cup how come we never see the Marlboro's or the Vancouver NE Giants from BC. I'm pretty sure every other province sends their best, it would be interesting if those teams were competing with the others. Would augment the competition that much more.

OOO Nevermind it's regional no wonder ...haha but still would be cool to see each province send one team.

Ya, its a midget aged tournament. For Ontario, you rarely if ever see 96's in Midget.

Use the Schwartz*

Bobby Mac was talking about him on TSN today. Video is available on TSN.ca

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
If he gets exceptional status I think he goes the same route as Ekblad and goes with the Orr group agency if they are not representing him already. He is very talented and deserves exceptional status, now its up to Hockey Canada now. Heard both rumors of him receiving and not receiving exceptional status so I guess we will have to wait a couple more weeks for the official decision.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
minor midget is for the best 15yo's who will most likely be trying out or moving on to junior teams in there 16 and 17yo seasons

midget consists of 16 and 17yo's.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What I really like him is his character. From all the interviews I've read he's taking it very calmly, very respectable, and just seems like a winner. Very impressive for a dude not even in high school.

OHLFan8771

Dec 6, 2011
I really hope Mcdavid is given the exceptional status and goes to Erie. I know the kid would be absolutely loved here more so than a lot of other teams in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad