C Chase Stefanek - Mount St. Charles 15U AAA, 15U AAA (2024 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Big center with good skating and some puck skills. Plays both ways. Hockey sense isn't bad, but he's a big center and he's an August birthday, so young for a 2024 Draft Eligible. I think he has some untapped potential. Wouldn't be surprised if he's an early round pick with further refinement the next two seasons, but right now he's more of a mid-round talent.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Big center with good skating and some puck skills. Plays both ways. Hockey sense isn't bad, but he's a big center and he's an August birthday, so young for a 2024 Draft Eligible. I think he has some untapped potential. Wouldn't be surprised if he's an early round pick with further refinement the next two seasons, but right now he's more of a mid-round talent.

Assuming he is related to this kid, since they were born in the same town, have the same last name, and have played for the same junior teams: Jason Stefanek at eliteprospects.com

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was a little worried about his progress last season after he was outscored by so much on a 16U team, but now we see that Monteiro is actually a good prospect too.

He ended up with 3G in 5 games at the Hlinka. He was one of the better forwards on the team though. He was playing mostly bottom six with little PP time. Thought he showed a good two way game for a center with some size and skating. He doesn’t have elite offense, but there’s some there. I think he could be a middle round draft pick this year, depending on how his draft season goes. I can’t find where he’s going to play his hockey next season, but it looks like Sioux City has his USHL rights.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
I was a little worried about his progress last season after he was outscored by so much on a 16U team, but now we see that Monteiro is actually a good prospect too.

He ended up with 3G in 5 games at the Hlinka. He was one of the better forwards on the team though. He was playing mostly bottom six with little PP time. Thought he showed a good two way game for a center with some size and skating. He doesn’t have elite offense, but there’s some there. I think he could be a middle round draft pick this year, depending on how his draft season goes. I can’t find where he’s going to play his hockey next season, but it looks like Sioux City has his USHL rights.
I think Sioux City traded his rights to Muskegon. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Mount Saint Charles either on the U18 team. He committed to Harvard back in January

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Sioux City traded his rights to Muskegon. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Mount Saint Charles either on the U18 team. He committed to Harvard back in January
Do you think he compares favorably or unfavorably to Pelosi at the same age?

Pelosi is a year older and I think has some basic similarities (6'2 center that skates solidly and has some moderate offense). I know Pelosi was at Mount St. Charles the year prior to his draft season, and then split his draft season between USHL and NAHL. People didn't know much about Pelosi, and then boom he's a 3rd rounder.

I'm wondering if that might be Stefanek's path for next season, or if he goes back to Mount St. Charles like you reference.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Do you think he compares favorably or unfavorably to Pelosi at the same age?

Pelosi is a year older and I think has some basic similarities (6'2 center that skates solidly and has some moderate offense). I know Pelosi was at Mount St. Charles the year prior to his draft season, and then split his draft season between USHL and NAHL. People didn't know much about Pelosi, and then boom he's a 3rd rounder.

I'm wondering if that might be Stefanek's path for next season, or if he goes back to Mount St. Charles like you reference.
I thought Pelosi was a little better at the same age. Pelosi wasn't playing with anywhere close to as good of talent at Mount as Stefanek was the past 2 years. I like Monteiro's game a bit more than Stefanek's but I think he definitely can take another step. He has good hockey sense and for me, that's half the battle

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I thought Pelosi was a little better at the same age. Pelosi wasn't playing with anywhere close to as good of talent at Mount as Stefanek was the past 2 years. I like Monteiro's game a bit more than Stefanek's but I think he definitely can take another step. He has good hockey sense and for me, that's half the battle
Speaking of Pelosi, his younger brother is the top 09 in USA right now. He is a very very good player. Off topic I know

Reactions: clevelandcane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad