C Carson Rehkopf - Kitchener Rangers, OHL (2023, 50th, SEA)

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
We do need more wingers, so that works out .. :). Does he need to put on a decent amount of muscle to be ready for the pros? I am not as concerned about him being physical but more about him not being outmuscled and/or losing battles?
Pretty much all teenagers do and Rehkopf is no exception. Someone who watches the Rangers more closely said last year that Rehkopf has pro skill and needed to develop pro habits. He took a big step forward this year and if he continues to work and get good coaching, he'll be a great value pick for the Kraken in the second round.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Kearns

Too good to be true, no?
Sponsor
Jun 7, 2008
Kamloops, BC
CHL trades can be super fun. Rehkopf to the Brampton Steelheads in exchange for ten future draft picks in the OHL Priority Selection. Quite the haul, coming off a stellar D+1.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
CHL trades can be super fun. Rehkopf to the Brampton Steelheads in exchange for ten future draft picks in the OHL Priority Selection. Quite the haul, coming off a stellar D+1.
Really cooled off in the second half. Kitchener was probably smart to off load him asap considering his value is highest right now.

• Haha
Reactions: bert

luapejrug

Jan 24, 2023
Really cooled off in the second half. Kitchener was probably smart to off load him asap considering his value is highest right now.
Rangers were pretty banged up in the second half of the season and he looked like he was playing through something as well. Was one of the best (if not the best) player at Kraken dev camp and is coming off a great WJSS so excited to see how he performs in Brampton.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Rangers were pretty banged up in the second half of the season and he looked like he was playing through something as well. Was one of the best (if not the best) player at Kraken dev camp and is coming off a great WJSS so excited to see how he performs in Brampton.
Stat watchers know better! One thing I have learned about HF is injuries dont effect performance. It means a player was over achieving before!

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Stat watchers know better! One thing I have learned about HF is injuries dont affect performance. It means a player was over achieving before!
You seem to have misinterpreted what I was saying, that’s okay I should probably simplify my sentences more. After the WJC his stats took a dip. Not at all saying he’s a bad player but who knows what could happen next year, certainly his value isn’t going to go up from where it is now so if I’m in Kitchener’s shoes, I get why they would trade him now, they got quite the haul and don’t have to worry about injuries. Andonovski next.

Mississauga also doesn’t have a first round ‘08 they can trade next year since Valentini is defective. There is no point in waiting until their deadline for them so they ponied up the picks for this player.

Reactions: frontsfan67

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You seem to have misinterpreted what I was saying, that’s okay I should probably simplify my sentences more. After the WJC his stats took a dip. Not at all saying he’s a bad player but who knows what could happen next year, certainly his value isn’t going to go up from where it is now so if I’m in Kitchener’s shoes, I get why they would trade him now, they got quite the haul and don’t have to worry about injuries. Andonovski next.

Mississauga also doesn’t have a first round ‘08 they can trade next year since Valentini is defective. There is no point in waiting until their deadline for them so they ponied up the picks for this player.
If anything his performance at the WJC should have elevated his stock. One of the few players that created on his own and was dangerous. He is a big player on a longer development curve I see no scenario where he isnt even better and more dominant next year. However you make a good point about not risking him being injured and losing suitors/or value.

Kearns

Too good to be true, no?
Sponsor
Jun 7, 2008
Kamloops, BC
If anything his performance at the WJC should have elevated his stock. One of the few players that created on his own and was dangerous. He is a big player on a longer development curve I see no scenario where he isnt even better and more dominant next year. However you make a good point about not risking him being injured and losing suitors/or value.
Not sure to what degree he was creating on his own at the U20, but he played his way up the lineup after starting as the 13th fwd, if I remember right. For me, he passed the eye test there and could develop into a top 6 scoring winger.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't see him as creating plays. He is a finisher.
Then you didnt watch him? At the jr level he creates lots, getting in positions to score and be open is also creating. He has a pro skillset for sure, a steal in the second round with an upwards trajectory and a longer development curve than all the tiny skill players HF boards loves pre draft.

Reactions: GordieHowYaDoin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad