C Caleb Desnoyers - Richelieu Gaulois, QM17E (2025 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Brother of Philadelphia Flyers prospect Elliot Desnoyers. Caleb could be better at the same age and already has an inch on his brother where is already listed at 6'0". Caleb projects as one of the top players out of Quebec for the 2023 Draft and should be a pro prospect for the 2025 NHL draft. We'll see how things transpire for him going forward!

wein

Jul 2, 2013
1686619372093.jpeg

Pretty cool picture. Caleb and Elliot Desnoyers and their uncle, Simon Laliberte, all drafted by and played for Moncton.

Moncton should be among the top half of the league next year (2024/2025 being their go for it year) so Desnoyers should get to play with some good players and the opportunity to put up some points.

Last edited:

Ethansavestheday

Nov 18, 2019
Can anyone tell me about his style of play and how he compares to other 2025 eligibles like Hagens, Mooney, benak, Misa, Ryabkin etc?

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
He’s like his brother, but with a different first name

He's actually very different from Elliot at the same age. Caleb brings a lot more pure skill and creativity on the offensive side of the puck, much more gifted. Elliot had a bit more sandpaper, but he was also smaller but more physically developed at the same age. Caleb is tall and lanky at this point, a ton of room to grow into his frame.

Don't think he'll ever be as good away from the puck as his brother but his offensive upside is through the roof in comparison.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

wein

Jul 2, 2013
In unsurprising news, he’s officially signed with Moncton.

The real question is where does he factor into the lineup on what should be a strong Moncton team.

Reactions: Dominance

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
In unsurprising news, he’s officially signed with Moncton.

The real question is where does he factor into the lineup on what should be a strong Moncton team.

Moncton has a deep team with a lot of top 6 forwards but not many elite players. I think he starts in a strong top 9 mix and finishes the year as their 1C. Don't think guys like Trenholm, Sumpf or Lounsbury have anything on him down the middle once he's adapted to the league.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
seen him in hiis first game vs my cape breton eagles he stood out for sure i was impressed for a kid so young . you can see the talent and hes 15 points in 15 gp now.. wouldn't be surprised at all if he goes top 10 in his nhl draft in 2025 or higher.

Reactions: Dominance

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
His game looks the part. Elite hockey sense and playmaking. Good puck-protection. Has size, skill, plays center, good defensive game. His skating is probably only average. That's where you are looking for improvements, but I don't think it's bad. He could be a top 5-10 pick in the NHL Draft next year, and I think first round is a certainty.

Reactions: Tube Skates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad