C Brodie Ziemer - USNTDP, USHL (2024 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Offensive forward that is poised to play for the USNTDP. Kid has a good motor, he never stops moving his feet. He has silky smooth hands and is very agile, he is able to use it in the offensive zone to make quick cuts, fooling defenders and using his vision to create scoring chances for his team. He has been called one of the hardest-working players in his age group, never giving up on a play. He switched from defense to forward a few years back and has been able to keep some of those good defensive tendencies as a forward. I'm excited about this kid going forward.

WHL Rights: Winnipeg Ice

NCAA commitment: University of Minnesota

Last edited:

Wildabeast

Jan 28, 2022
Ziemer started off the season slow, but has had a drastic uptick in production with and without eiserman on his line. 15 pts in his last 10 games; i think he was at something like 5 in his first 17. Has good enough size, and also plays a strong defensive game. Think he's poised to take a big step going into his u-18 year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m interested to see where he’ll be picked. He’s a sandpaper winger. Doesn’t have high end skill or skating. Only 6’0. His tools are very modest, but he plays very hard, good in puck battles, has a good motor, and plays at the front of the net. Can be a complimentary player at junior level to high end scorers. I don’t think he has more than bottom six NHL potential, but he comes with a lot of intangibles. He’s the captain of his NTDP age group, and they call him Captain America. That could be valuable to NHL teams. I think he’s like a fourth round range type of player.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
I don't think he's big enough to play the game he does at the NHL level. Good hands in tight and good hand eye, but the rest of his game is lacking. I think he'll be boxed out no problem by NHL defenseman around the net and just won't be very effective. He's a bad skater with meh skill, I just don't see it. Not someone I'd be all that interested in.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I like him a lot. 2+8 in five games so far at the U18 Worlds. Completes the Hagens line brilliantly. Captain-like performance today. I think he can even be a second round pick.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
I really like him. Considering weak forward group, I’d say he’s not a bad choice as a late 1st.
Slightly reminds me Oliver Moore

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
I really like him. Considering weak forward group, I’d say he’s not a bad choice as a late 1st.
Slightly reminds me Oliver Moore
Don't mean to be rude, but Oliver Moore? What makes you say that? If Oliver Moore had Ziemer's sense, he would have been a top 10 prospect and if Ziemer had Moore's skating, he'd be an easy 1st rounder.

I think Ziemer played his best hockey over the past 2 months, but I'd still have reservations. I like his hockey sense. I like his hands around the net. His shot is decent if he has time and space. I think his skating holds him back a lot. It's impacts him defensively getting to pucks and getting pucks out along the wall. It impacts him off the rush where he bobbles a lot of pucks and kills plays (I think this is more of a skating/pace issue than hands issue). I think pro hockey will be a tough adjustment for him.

Seems like a good kid though so hope he proves me wrong.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don't mean to be rude, but Oliver Moore? What makes you say that? If Oliver Moore had Ziemer's sense, he would have been a top 10 prospect and if Ziemer had Moore's skating, he'd be an easy 1st rounder.

I think Ziemer played his best hockey over the past 2 months, but I'd still have reservations. I like his hockey sense. I like his hands around the net. His shot is decent if he has time and space. I think his skating holds him back a lot. It's impacts him defensively getting to pucks and getting pucks out along the wall. It impacts him off the rush where he bobbles a lot of pucks and kills plays (I think this is more of a skating/pace issue than hands issue). I think pro hockey will be a tough adjustment for him.

Playing with Hagens helped his stock a lot.

I think he’s decent, but he’s 5’11/6’0 with mediocre skating and only okay skill. You hope he can will his way into eventually becoming Zach Hyman, but most likely a player with his skillset ends up a fourth liner or out of the league after 100-200 games.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013

My comparison based just on style of play. Tbh I think his skating issues is slightly exaggerated. But I didn’t see him a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,700.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $145.00