C Brady Meyer - North Branch High, USHS (2019 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
It is interesting, though, that the 6'4" and up MN HS kids haven't continued their domination into college and the pros lately. Bjugstad looked like he'd have a huge impact in the NHL when he was in HS and even into college when he started to use his size.

Bjugstad, Labate, Tufte, Mattson, Donovan, and Meyer are the few I can think of lately. Not comparing their playing styles at all but clearly they share some attributes.
It's also a potentially interesting how disappointing Finnish defensemen 5'11" and under have been. We could look with great skepticism at Anttoni Honka for this. What with Julius Honka, Vili Saarijarvi, Niklas Tikkinen and Toni Utunen not being fantastic.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
It is interesting, though, that the 6'4" and up MN HS kids haven't continued their domination into college and the pros lately. Bjugstad looked like he'd have a huge impact in the NHL when he was in HS and even into college when he started to use his size.

Bjugstad, Labate, Tufte, Mattson, Donovan, and Meyer are the few I can think of lately. Not comparing their playing styles at all but clearly they share some attributes.

57special doesn't get this is what I'm trying to say.

Lazy post that shows you know nothing about him besides looking at stats. Your " thoughts" on weight are also complete nonsense.

I'm basically saying it's really risky picking these big projects out of HS, those players are much bigger than their peers and their deficiencies get unnoticed until they reach higher levels. Now that Meyer has stepped up to the USHL he is struggling . Tufte has regressed in his 3rd college season, Bjugstad's hockey IQ issues became evident when he couldn't dominate players physically anymore. Also I don't know it what world its ok to put on 30 lbs in a year, it most definitely will not all be muscle, would be lucky if half that weight is.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
57special doesn't get this is what I'm trying to say.

I'm basically saying it's really risky picking these big projects out of HS, those players are much bigger than their peers and their deficiencies get unnoticed until they reach higher levels. Now that Meyer has stepped up to the USHL he is struggling . Tufte has regressed in his 3rd college season, Bjugstad's hockey IQ issues became evident when he couldn't dominate players physically anymore. Also I don't know it what world its ok to put on 30 lbs in a year, it most definitely will not all be muscle, would be lucky if half that weight is.
15 pounds of muscle and 11 pounds of fat is pretty a pretty minimal weight gain for a slender 6' 5" frame. Maybe he went from 10% to 15% body fat.

I would say his style is more Wheeler and Nelson if comparing Minnesota guys. Very good vision and set up guy too.

He's not struggling, just not getting the minutes. Questionably playing on 4th line mostly with talented but very young 02's. If Dach can go 10 games not scoring playing a ton and PP, just imagine in the same situation getting 6 minutes a game in a tougher to score in USHL.

He's plenty talented and was able to show it with his fellow draft eligibles in the prospect game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
30 lbs. of weight gain in a year for still maturing late teen who is 6'5" working out, and eating like an elite athlete is nothing to speak of, at all.

Also, the conflating of Bjugstad, Tufte, and Meyer just because they all happen to be tall and from MN is ridiculous. Players from MN come in all shapes, sizes, and talents. they do not come out of a box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad