C Brady Meyer - North Branch High, USHS (2019 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
He's a legit 6'5" and skates like some of the best 5'10" guys. Also a big time threat in the open ice transition game with his speed and stickhandling abilities, but can also dig it out of the corner and be to the front of the net in a flash or has the vision to hit the open guy. Played last season at 190 pounds, but heard he is training hard this summer and is pushing 220 pounds. He's also much less of a project than a person would think he would be as a big guy.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bit of a late bloomer. His school does not play especially strong teams, so there is a lot of projecting as far as how he will play against tougher competition.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Bit of a late bloomer. His school does not play especially strong teams, so there is a lot of projecting as far as how he will play against tougher competition.

I thought for some reason he played in the USHL last year. Am I wrong about that?

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
Reminds me a bit of the Chris Kreider 'big fish in a small pond' situation. I mean, Kreider dropped mainly because scouts wondered if the offense he showed would translate to the NHL because of the supposed weak high school conference he played in. Am I wrong in getting this feeling about this prospect? It's an honest question because it's not as if US high school hockey is easily available in the YUL.

Reactions: Habs76

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Reminds me a bit of the Chris Kreider 'big fish in a small pond' situation. I mean, Kreider dropped mainly because scouts wondered if the offense he showed would translate to the NHL because of the supposed weak high school conference he played in. Am I wrong in getting this feeling about this prospect? It's an honest question because it's not as if US high school hockey is easily available in the YUL.
I think he's actually flourished and has been noticed more playing away from his high school program.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Not only that, most of that will not be muscle in that short amount of time, he is also almost guaranteed to sacrifice speed.
I know of a 5'6" kid that went from 138 to 156 pounds and was even more of a rocket that next year and advanced to national camp from the same program. Even that didn't seem like too drastic of a weight gain for such a small frame and it's definately not buffet line weight in this program lol. How much weight gain is safe since last Septembers weigh ins last season?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I know of a 5'6" kid that went from 138 to 156 pounds and was even more of a rocket that next year and advanced to national camp from the same program. Even that didn't seem like too drastic of a weight gain for such a small frame and it's definately not buffet line weight in this program lol. How much weight gain is safe since last Septembers weigh ins last season?

Depends on the age and if he grew in height as well. The kid you were talking about was tiny to begin with. Even so it’s not 30 lbs like Meyers . I think 15 lbs should be max in a year for a kid who had a minimal growth in height. Age factors in as well because of puberty but they usually get some inches in height as well .

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Doesn't look slow or clumsy, unlike a lot of 6'5" guys. Seems to play smart, skate well, and makes good passes. Besides his size nothing really jumps out, but he is still a work in progress.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Looks pretty dynamic in the video for only being 10 games in to his USHL career of his 16 yo season. Seemed to have the puck and be in on scoring opportunities consistently. All aspects of his play really seem to translate to the pro game and his ceiling might be among the best.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Low on minutes but 3 points in 4 games and looked unstoppable in Friday nights game that I watched. Turned the tide in the game drawing penalties from Waterloo trying to stop him and clanged the iron a couple times. Des Moines could make a run as his minutes go up.

Reactions: AmericanDream

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Goal and assist in NHL/USHL Prospects game and he had to be close for west MVP. Rumored that he was towards the top in speed testing.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Not a fan of the Bjugstad, Tufte type Meyer seems to be, doesn't even have good stats in the USHL.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not a fan of the Bjugstad, Tufte type Meyer seems to be, doesn't even have good stats in the USHL.
Lazy post that shows you know nothing about him besides looking at stats. Your " thoughts" on weight are also complete nonsense.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
It is interesting, though, that the 6'4" and up MN HS kids haven't continued their domination into college and the pros lately. Bjugstad looked like he'd have a huge impact in the NHL when he was in HS and even into college when he started to use his size.

Bjugstad, Labate, Tufte, Mattson, Donovan, and Meyer are the few I can think of lately. Not comparing their playing styles at all but clearly they share some attributes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad