C Berkly Catton - Spokane Chiefs, WHL (2024, 8th, SEA)

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
No he didn't. He outright said at the combine he thinks he can play C in the NHL. He's a very good 2 way player and strong positionally. Everything except the size screams center.
It really sounds like the truth is he'd be happy to play either. As opposed to definitely wants to play C or definitely doesn't think he can play C.

1000010641.png

Reactions: Napoli

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think he’s going to be a first liner but I’d be pretty shocked if it’s down the middle honestly

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
It really sounds like the truth is he'd be happy to play either. As opposed to definitely wants to play C or definitely doesn't think he can play C.

View attachment 887873
He literally said this afternoon he sees himself as a center in the mold of Brayden Point. It's the Flames talk interview with Pat Steinberg. He never said he thinks he's a winger in any interview. You completely fabricated that.

C’mon man, you know how much self-esteem is at risk if you suggest the player understands more about their situation than a bunch random people on the internet.
Again, Catton never said that. He said exactly the opposite.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
He literally said this afternoon he sees himself as a center in the mold of Brayden Point. It's the Flames talk interview with Pat Steinberg. He never said he thinks he's a winger in any interview. You completely fabricated that.

The week of the combine in an interview with a Montreal reporter he said he could see himself as a winger in the NHL.

Remember reading the article.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007

Bro, I quoted him in an nhl.com article. I linked to that article. Take a few deep breaths.

Reactions: Eegs and SirPaste

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If Catton were sure he could be a center in the NHL, he’d be telling everyone how he’s for sure going to be a center in the NHL. Because that statement would significantly boost his draft stock.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Catton were sure he could be a center in the NHL, he’d be telling everyone how he’s for sure going to be a center in the NHL. Because that statement would significantly boost his draft stock.
Would it? Does every prospect go about their responses in interviews in a very cocky way?

Some of these players are simply polite, agreeable, and willing to indulge the questions they get.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Would it? Does every prospect go about their responses in interviews in a very cocky way?

Some of these players are simply polite, agreeable, and willing to indulge the questions they get.
How would saying he’s a center make him seem cocky. He could say something simple as “I envision myself playing center in the NHL” and that would be enough.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How would saying he’s a center make him seem cocky. He could say something simple as “I envision myself playing center in the NHL” and that would be enough.
But he has. He’s given both sides of the equation. I don’t see his comments as suggesting he thinks he’ll be a winger. It sounds like someone who is open-minded.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Seems like we are getting hyperfocussed on things that don't matter.
That means the season is over and the draft hasn't happened yet.

Catton is a top notch prospect and whatever team gets him is going to be extremely happy as I see a long and productive NHL career for him.

Reactions: lakai17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad