C Anthony "AJ" Spellacy - Windsor Spitfires, OHL (2024, 72nd, CHI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
So the word with this kid is that he's got great attributes and all that, but if we're trying to stay realistic, what does he need to do to get to the NHL ?

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
So the word with this kid is that he's got great attributes and all that, but if we're trying to stay realistic, what does he need to do to get to the NHL ?
Increase his offensive production in junior by finishing on his chances a bit more consistently, continue to be the fastest player in the league, be a PK threat every time he's out there, continue to be a physical force out there.

He fits into a bottom 6 very well long term, whether it is with the Blackhawks or not. He's the type that would have a lot more value in a trade package (when the Blackhawks are acquiring a high end NHLer once they're contending) than the average stats watcher (like many of us are) would originally think.

Last edited:

dr1234

Sep 1, 2022
He’s also fought someone nearly every time I’ve seen him live, so he’ll likely keep that up.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

He apparently has MAC level offers, still D1 but not the highest level. Still interesting seeing a kid who had options like that in football & hockey as there’s usually not a whole lot of overlap between those sports potential prospects. Baseball & football are more overlapping usually than the other sports.

Exactly because football and hockey are both fall sports.

My son played HS football and it's a huge commitment so obviously AJ would have been given some preferential treatment as he couldn't' be at 2 places at the same time but would have had the blessings of both programs.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Exactly because football and hockey are both fall sports.

My son played HS football and it's a huge commitment so obviously AJ would have been given some preferential treatment as he couldn't' be at 2 places at the same time but would have had the blessings of both programs.
Hockey is a winter sport that starts in the fall and ends in the spring. Football is a pure fall sport. AJ got a later start to his minor hockey season because he was playing football, but it was still doable as long as coaches were notified with schedules.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Hockey is a winter sport that starts in the fall and ends in the spring. Football is a pure fall sport. AJ got a later start to his minor hockey season because he was playing football, but it was still doable as long as coaches were notified with schedules.
Fair enough as that's what I was trying to say so obviously he was elite enough at both sports to warrant this.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad