Bure vs Kucherov

• Bure

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Kucherov

Votes: 58 67.4%

• Total voters

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
bure is my favourite player of all time but what kind of question is this?

kuch might end up as the greatest russian scorer in nhl history
While my brain says this Bure was such an exceptional prospect and if not for injuries and some judgment on his part, his legacy could have been much better.

If HF Boards had been around and there had been a full draft like today, the hype for Bure would have been off the charts.

Bure scored 17 goals in 32 KHL games in his draft year and just looked so explovie with Fedorov and Mogliny

Bure is the sports car everyone wants to drive while Kuch is the Lexus everyone really would drive all the time if they could.

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
It would depend on what my team needs really, but even if I needed a playmaker, Bure is just the better talent and this era is tailor made for him and I doubt he runs into the major injury issues if he plays today, I'd be very tempted to just always go Bure

While my brain says this Bure was such an exceptional prospect and if not for injuries and some judgment on his part, his legacy could have been much better.

If HF Boards had been around and there had been a full draft like today, the hype for Bure would have been off the charts.

Bure scored 17 goals in 32 KHL games in his draft year and just looked so explovie with Fedorov and Mogliny

Bure is the sports car everyone wants to drive while Kuch is the Lexus everyone really would drive all the time if they could.

A few years ago I cut my old school Jag on Ds loose after getting hit by an uninsured guy and not wanting to sink anymore time, effort, and money on it, and so it was between a RX as a family car or springing on a 1994 XJS V12 black with ivory interior 8000 miles only (SoCal car too) lol

I went with the RX but I often think about missing out on that XJS since another one in that condition has not come up... would probably feel the same way of going Kucherov over Bure for team need lol

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
You'll find very few posters around here who are higher on Kucherov than I am. And I did vote for him.

But I will say - if this is a fantasy situation where in a redraft you can assume a healthy career for Bure - he's extremely tempting. Bure with his speed and good health in today's league would be insane. I still think Kucherov is probably better, but I do think in a healthy/this league scenario Bure's stock would raise a lot, to make it close.

Reactions: Felidae and Zuluss

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
Bure is a legend. Kucherov merely a loser who needs to be pumped up by Lightning fans 24/7 because no one cares about his LTIR ass.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Gotta go with bure here. Kucherov is a no doubt HOF player at this point, but coming into the league at 19 with modern medicine and so much less headhunting in the game you’re taking the guy who’s odds on rocket richard favorite every year.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Kucherov is having a much better career but too many “what ifs” around Bure if his career played out differently without as many injuries. I’ll take the mystery box and hope for the best

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad