Buffalo Sabres 2024-25 Season Predictions

Johnnydrama21

Jan 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I had us missing the playoffs the last couple season, but I think we are going to be in the 95+ point range this year w/ 45 wins. All depends on getting the loser points if we make it or not just like the other wild card teams managed to do.

I'm finally picking us to make it this year.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
I was hopeful, but I didn't think they did enough last year to improve and was not expecting playoffs heading into the season.

I don't think they did everything they could have this summer, but I do believe they did enough to make the playoffs... if all goes well.

This is the year it finally does. 98 pts

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I promised myself going into the preseason that I wouldn't predict again that they break the drought.

But then I saw how they played in preseason.

42-30-10, 94 pts, 8th seed

We'll lose 4-1 to the Rangers in round one and I won't care at all.

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I could see us squeezing in a spot. Mind you we were very close the last 2 seasons & I could see Ruff holding guys accountable to avoid those previous slumps.

Staying healthy also. Please.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
They seem much better conditioned in the preseason this year. Lindy has seemingly given them a momentum boost. Hopefully, it carries over to the regular season. I'm optimistic they'll make the playoffs, but our core players need to buy into what Lindy is preaching. I'm still not 100% convinced they will. Time will tell. I think they're a fringe playoff team with potential to light it up if everything falls into place.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Atlantic Division

EH_Team_Proj_ATL_24.png

It’s no surprise Florida is bringing back, essentially, the same team that got them to the Cup Final last spring. They grade out as the 3rd best team in the league per our model (less than a point behind Carolina), and even after few additions this summer it’s clear they’re still one of the Cup favorites. Sure, a few of their players may be due for some “regression” (the bad way), but few teams bring a lineup as solid heading into ’24-25. The Leafs, on the other hand, tried their best to bring in a bunch of old guys and questionable free agents but still can’t stop Auston Matthews from impacting the model. Ok, Marner, Nylander, and Tavares are pretty good. Interestingly, Toronto actually improved a bit compared to our projections from last season, which may be the most surprising result among the Atlantic.

The real story, however, is The Sabres. 3rd in the Atlantic? Is that allowed? Look, they’ve only improved by 2.2 points compared to their projection from last season, and it doesn’t matter that they did very little this summer or that they face some very legitimate questions about their roster (UPL for Vezina), all they needed was their peers to fall off. Boston, Detroit, and Tampa really are doing some work here in the overall preseason projections among Atlantic teams. Tampa isn’t that surprising given the shakeup this summer and overall age heading into next season, but Boston (even with the assumption that Swayman will sign today) falls off quite heavily compared with last season. It’s not too surprising given their lack of depth outside of a few key players (Pastrnak, McAvoy, Marchand). I’m just preparing for another absurd goalie tandem year that will make us look ridiculous when they are first in the league and I run my evaluation for these projections in a few months.

🙏

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
They seem much better conditioned in the preseason this year. Lindy has seemingly given them a momentum boost. Hopefully, it carries over to the regular season. I'm optimistic they'll make the playoffs, but our core players need to buy into what Lindy is preaching. I'm still not 100% convinced they will. Time will tell. I think they're a fringe playoff team with potential to light it up if everything falls into place.
Why would they not buy in ? They havent succeed Before so the only option is to do it right and buy in

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It was interesting hearing Fairburn saying the pace of practice is high and being welcomed by the players. I think they understood that they caused last season, that they got Granato sacked.

I thought they were going to take a step last year and they didn't. There is so very little that I take joy in outside of my immediate family that it would be nice to have this as something pleasurable instead of the Sisyphean chore Sabre fandom has become.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad